Youth Care Worker I
Do you desire a position where you make a difference in people's lives and serve justice? If so, the place to find that dream job is with the Mohave County Superior Court and Probation.
About the Mohave County Courts and Probation
The Mohave County Courts and Probation are a high-performing organization, with a collaborative team of innovators who work to improve our Courts and the services we provide. We hire people who will share our vision of making a difference in people's lives in the communities we serve.
See all that the Mohave County Courts and Probation offer!
To view information about the Youth Care Worker position please view the video on Project AIM.
The Mohave County Probation Department seeks to establish a hiring register of qualified applicants for the position of Youth Care Worker I. Under general supervision, undertakes and performs a variety of journey level tasks, duties and services related to processing, supervision, welfare, treatment and care of clients in the Evening Reporting Center program located at the Mohave County Juvenile Detention Center.
Position will be open until filled. Initial review of applications will begin Monday, July 11, 2022.
Note: Resumes are considered supplemental information only. Failure to complete the entire online application, including fully detailing all education and experience, will likely result in disqualification. Please read and follow the Superior Court Application Instructions .Read click here Probation Information Sheet With Disqualifiers. Complete and submit your application, resume, letter of interest online.
Essential Job Functions
Please see job description for the job functions.
REQUIRED MINIMUM EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING
A high school diploma or GED AND one-year experience as a Youth Care Worker Recruit - Juvenile OR, when filled from the outside, requires prior experience in a juvenile detention center or related detention facility experience, or residential treatment center experience OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- Must complete annual training as required by the Committee on Judicial Education and Training (COJET).
- Requires the ability to work a varied schedule: some days from 8:00 am to 5:00 pm, or evenings from 12:00 pm to 9:00 pm.
- Must possess a valid State of Arizona Driver's License at the start of employment and maintain said license while employed in this position.
- Provide an acceptable driving history at no cost to the County.
- Be of good moral character, undergo and successfully complete a criminal history/background investigation (felony and misdemeanor convictions may be disqualifying depending on upon the severity and recency.
- Offers of employment are conditioned upon the candidate's successful completion of a psychological evaluation, polygraph examination and pre-employment drug/alcohol screen.
- Employees are subject to immediate callout when an emergency, disaster or breach of homeland security occurs. Employees shall be available unless excused, to ensure the court is adequately staffed during and immediately following natural and/or manmade disasters, infectious disease outbreaks, and acts of terrorism. This may require assisting other employees in the work unit in accomplishing assignments as necessary and the working of unusual, long hours over an extended period of time with infrequent breaks or rest periods. An employee who is working with an accommodation must meet with their supervisor and division head to discuss their requirement for response.
Mohave County provides two options for Self Insured Medical Plan, paid by Employee & Employer, to regular employees (employees who work at least 30 hours per week). Both plan options utilize the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona for in Arizona coverage, plus the Aetna Choice POS II network for out of Arizona coverage; when you need medical care, select a provider from the directory and verify the provider's current status as a network provider. The medical plans include pharmacy benefits.
- Summary Plan Description
- PLAN 1: Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO) Plan Deductible $1,000 per person deductible. Calendar Year Out of Pocket Maximum per Single Coverage is $6,300 and $12,700 for Family Coverage.
- PLAN 2: High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) $3,000 maximum Out of Pocket for Single Coverage and $6000 maximum Out of Pocket maximum for Family
Out of Pocket Maximum includes medical Deductible, medical Copays, Prescription Drug Deductible and Copays.
Teladoc is a healthcare option available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, and 365 days per year for non-emergent medical conditions.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
This voluntary benefit is available to all regular employees working at least 30 hours per week. This pre-tax option will reduce taxable income.
- Health care reimbursement account: up to $2,850 per year
- Dependent daycare reimbursement account: up to $5,000 per year
Health Savings Account (HSA)
This voluntary benefit is available to all qualified employees who are on the High Deductible Health Plan. This pre-tax option will reduce taxable income. You may elect to contribute up to the full 2023 annual limit:
- $3,850 max employee contribution for Single coverage
- $7,750 max employee contribution for Family coverage.
Dental insurance is available to regular employees working at least 30 hours per week through Ameritas.
- High Option: $2,000 maximum annual benefit.High Option includes orthodontia benefit with lifetime maximum of $1,500.
- Low Option: $2,000 maximum annual benefit.
Vision insurance is available to regular employees working at least 30 hours per week through Ameritas. Ameritas offers access to a broad network of independent providers as well as access to out-of-network providers with two plan options available. Plan 1: EyeMed ViewPointe or Plan 2: VSP Focus.
Short Term Disability
Coverage is through Ochs, Inc. - Madison National
Short-Term Disability (STD) is insurance that replaces some of your income if an injury or illness prevents you from working. Provided by Mohave County.
Coverage is through Ochs, Inc. - Minnesota Life
- Basic Life Insurance / Accidental Death & Dismemberment of $50,000
- Provided by Mohave County to regular employees working at least 30 hours per week
Optional / Voluntary Benefits
Payroll deductions are available for the following Optional / Voluntary Benefits:
- Supplemental Life Insurance is available through Ochs, Inc.- Minnesota Life Insurance Company for employees, spouse and dependent children.
- Tax Deferred Compensation Plan 457: this option is voluntary and available to all employees through ICMA-RC or Nationwide.
- Identity Theft Protection is available through IdentityForce, Sontiq for employees and eligible dependents
Retirement Systems / Long-Term Disability
Mohave County is a MANDATORY participating agency in these classification-based retirement systems:
- (ASRS) Arizona State Retirement System: Eligible employees working at least 20 hours per week for 20 weeks or more. MANDATORY contribution rate as of 07/01/2023 is 12.29% beginning on your first paycheck and is employer matched.
- (CORP) Correction Officers Retirement Plan: Employees in Adult Detention positions with the Sheriff's Office. Contributions begin 90 days after first day of employment. Election rates of contribution are between 5% - 40%; default rate of 7%.
- (AOC-CORP) Administration of Courts - Correction Officers Retirement Plan: Juvenile Detention and Adult Probation (Superior Court). Contributions begin 90 days after first day of employment. Election rates of contribution are between 5% - 40%; default rate of 7%.
- (PSPRS) Public Safety Retirement System: Employees in certain positions with the Sheriff's Office. Defined Benefit Tier 3 contribution amount is 9.94%. Contributions begin 90 days after first day of employment.
The following additional benefits are available to all regular employees:
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Payroll direct deposit
- Paid Time Off - vacation/sick time
- Pre-tax deduction plan
- Up to 80% of medical premiums paid by Mohave County
- Bereavement Leave
These materials were created to help you understand the benefits available to you. This is not a Summary Plan Description and is not intended to replace the benefit summaries or schedule of benefits contained within the Plan. If any provision of these materials is inconsistent with the language of the Plan, the language of the Plan will govern .