ABOUT THE POSITION
- Oversees daily operational activities of the San Luis wastewater treatment plant and field operations.
- Ensures water supply/quality and directs required treatment and field operations wastewater systems.
- Directs the operation, monitoring, maintenance, and repair of wastewater treatment equipment and systems.
- Monitors and maintains internal wastewater controls and procedures and ensures compliance with industry standards, regulatory requirements, permitted functions, and operating policies and procedures.
- Directs wastewater operators and field operations activities and participates in work assignments as required.
- Oversees laboratory operations, tests and analyzes wastewater samples, and initiates remedial actions.
- Requisitions materials, parts, and tools to repair/maintain pumps, controls, valves, and related equipment.
- Reviews and evaluates readings, logs, and other data and adjusts wastewater treatment processes accordingly.
- Supervises, disciplines, trains, schedules, and evaluates staff and participates in work assignments as needed or required.
- Establishes, communicates, and enforces safety practices and emergency action plans/procedures.
- Collects and compiles data for the preparation of routine, periodic, and special reports.
- May assist in repairing, replacing, servicing, and maintaining equipment and systems and operation of construction equipment.
- Responds to customers' calls on emergency situations (on-call).
- Manages resources effectively, including budget and personnel.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Will possess knowledge of:
- Applicable Federal/State/County/local standards/regulations relating to water distribution systems.
- Equipment, systems, and processes of wastewater treatment.
- Operation of wastewater treatment plant mechanical equipment.
- Wastewater sampling and analysis techniques.
- Hazardous material handling and disposal.
- Principles and practices of employee supervision, training, and evaluation.
- Occupational hazards and safety procedures/equipment.
Will have the ability to:
- Evaluate and manage wastewater systems and related equipment.
- Troubleshoot in-process control/WWT.
- Interpret data.
- Direct the servicing, maintenance, and adjustment of wastewater equipment.
- Evaluate equipment malfunctions and determine repairs and/or adjustments.
- Review and evaluate records and logs and prepare reports.
- Enforce industrial safety procedures and ensure regulatory compliance.
- Supervise, train, and evaluate employees and schedule work assignments and activities.
- Communicate effectively with staff.
- Education and/or experience equivalent to three (3) years full-time journey level water/wastewater treatment plant operation.
- Possess and maintain certification from the State of Arizona as a Wastewater Treatment Plant Operator.
- A valid Arizona driver license at the time of appointment and must be maintained throughout employment.
- Residency in the US and within 25 miles from the City of San Luis.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
- ADEQ Grade 3 Certification in Wastewater Treatment and Collection.
- San Luis residency.
The City of San Luis offers the following benefits to all full-time City employees:
MEDICAL/ DENTAL/ VISION INSURANCE - The City of San Luis is proud to provide medical, dental and vision insurance for it's employees which is administered by 90Degree Benefits. Dependent premiums are paid one month in advance and are pre-taxed. Additional information regarding medical, dental and vision benefits may be requested from the Human Resources Department.
ARIZONA STATE RETIREMENT SYSTEM (ASRS) - City employees are required to enroll in the Arizona State Retirement System.
- Employee Contribution - 12.03%
- Employer Contribution - 12.03%
ARIZONA STATE RETIREMENT SYSTEM (ASRS) - LONG TERM DISABILITY (LTD)
- Employee Contribution - .014%
- Employer Contribution - .014%
SOCIAL SECURITY AND MEDICARE-
FICA (Social Security Tax) - Employee Contribution - 6.20%
Medicare - Employee Contribution - 1.4500%.
PAID TIME OFF (PTO) -
Vacation Leave Accruals (Based on years of service and accrued on bi-weekly basis)
Less than 6 years - 3.08 hrs. 6 - 11 years - 4.62 hrs. 11 years or more- 6.16 hrs. Sick Leave - 3.69 hrs.
LIFE INSURANCE - The City provides eligible employees with a Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) benefit. This plan is administered by Standard.
Basic Life Benefit - $50,000.00
AD&D Benefit - $50,000.00
DISABILITY INSURANCE - Disability insurance is available to all employees who work 30 or more hours per week.
Short-Term Disability - Coverage begins on the 15th day of injury or sickness.
Duration of Benefits - 180 days
Benefits Percentage- 66.67%
Waiting Period - 14 days
Maximum Weekly Benefit: $2,000.00
WORKER'S COMP - Insurance coverage for medical expenses and loss of income due to an on-the-job injury is provided by the City of San Luis for all employees.
Closing Date/Time: 11/30/2023 11:59 PM Arizona