Treasury Tax Lien Technician III
*Mohave County is currently recruiting for a Treasury Tax Lien Technician III in Kingman, AZ*
Depending on qualifications, this position may be filled as:
Treasury Tax Lien Technician I, Range 8, Steps 1 - 16: $16.05 - $24.58
Treasury Tax Lin Technician II, Range 10, Steps 1 - 16: $17.69 - $26.90
Performs advanced level of work performing data entry and tax payment functions within the Tax Lien Division. The Treasury Tax Lien Technician III is distinguished from the Treasury Tax Lien Technician I and II by the regular performance of complex level responsibilities.
Work is performed under general supervision and direction of the Tax Lien Supervisor.
Oversees technical work and/or provides training of Treasury Tax Lien Technician I's and II's.
Essential Job Functions
- Duties performed under the Treasury Tax Lien Technician I and II classifications.
- Complete Treasurers Receipts in a timely manner.
- Complete Tax Roll Corrections as needed.
- Void and rebuild tax liens as needed.
- May be compelled to provide deposition or expert witness testimony.
- Cross trains in other Treasury Department positions as needed.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs related work as required.
- Performs special assignments as requested.
- Exercise regular and predictable attendance and punctuality in accordance with Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures.
- High School Diploma/GED (General Education Degree).
- Minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible administrative support experience with which; four (4) of the five (5) years performing specialized support in the accounting department or comparable organization.
- Complete courses to become a Certified Tax Lien Professional.
- Accounting Coursework.
- OR an acceptable combination of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and training may be considered in meeting the minimum requirements.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENT
- Provide acceptable driving history at no cost to the County.
- May need to possess a valid driver's license for operation of motor vehicles on Arizona roads at the start of employment and maintain said license while employed in this position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of procedures, terminology and common practices and policies of the specialized work of the tax lien area.
- English grammar, spelling and basic math required to calculate and perform some complex accounting procedures.
- Standard office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Computers and software programs to include use of electronic spreadsheets and word processing applications.
- Governmental accounting principles and practices.
- Automated accounting and tax lien systems.
- Data entry and verification procedures.
- Performing and verifying mathematical computations.
- Operating and utilizing modern office machines as necessary to include copiers, fax transmittal machines, calculator and the use of computer keyboards and related software and peripheral equipment.
- Communicate and maintain professionalism with the public, Treasury Team, and work peers and contacts.
- Ability to backup Treasury Tax Lien Supervisor.
- Type accurately and at a speed necessary to fulfill job responsibilities.
- Make rapid and accurate mathematical computations.
- Research and verify information.
- Use of prudent and reasonable judgment in applying established guidelines to solve work problems.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Maintain a high standard of confidentiality.
- Meet deadlines.
- Establish and maintain computerized filing systems.
- Prepare and maintain financial records.
- Organize and prioritize assignments, cope with varying demands and work under pressure with frequent interruptions.
- Be detail oriented, thorough and possess deep problem-solving skills.
- Analyze information and interpret and apply technical, legal and departmental information encountered in the performance of responsibilities.
- Understand and carry out complex written and oral instructions.
- Work independently on assigned tasks accurately while maintaining standard correspondence and reports for the tax lien area.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of this classification with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Comply with Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures, and Department Regulations.