Treasury Systems Administrator
Performs technical work of considerable difficulty in planning and coordinating activities of design, development, and preparation of programs and implementation of information management systems in the Office of the Treasurer.
Work is performed independently under administrative direction of a higher authority.
Exercises technical, functional and/or direct supervision of subordinates. May, as assigned, involve supervision of teams assigned to specific tasks.
Essential Job Functions
- Analyze, troubleshoot and resolve performance problems involving the in-house custom applications.
- Use tools deemed appropriate to design, develop and maintain web applications, databases, integrations and reports used by the Treasurer's Office.
- Conduct system feasibility studies to determine required system software modifications.
- Work with the Chief Deputy Treasurer to prepare the County property tax bills in addition to coordinating with the print vendor to ensure the tax data file is accurate and complete.
- Coordinate data transfers between multiple internal departments and external entities to support County operations.
- Evaluate computer hardware and system level software.
- Ability to work under pressure to meet strict deadlines and complete projects in a timely manner.
- Monitor functioning of database to ensure system operates in conformance with specifications.
- Specify server and database size requirements and configuration.
- Train users to use new or modified software.
- Administer the in-house custom applications: Eagle Treasurer, Eagle Assessor, and Creditron Systems.
- Familiarity and expertise in all County systems.
- Oversee security and access restrictions for in-house custom applications.
- Trains staff, meets regularly with staff to discuss and resolve priorities, special assignments, problems and technical issues.
- Maintain absolute confidentiality of work-related issues, customer records, and restricted County information.
- Information requests including ad hoc reporting and delinquent tax lists.
- Maintain accounts with Tax Service management companies including downloading commitment and payment files.
- Increase scope of use for all Treasurer used software programs.
- Create list of delinquent personal property data for the creation of Sheriffs' letters.
- Intermediary for tax service companies including providing reports for subscriptions.
- Oversee the satellite office setups making sure all systems, computers and printers are working correctly.
- Maintain the associations between parent and children parcels when splits and/or combines occur within the Eagle Treasurer/Eagle Assessor systems.
- Follows and adheres to State of Arizona records retention, transfer and destruction schedules.
- Creates documentation outlining process improvements including step-by-step instructions on how to change processes in a way all involved can understand utilizing a wide spectrum of presentation tools to communicate the effects of process improvements, including written, verbal, and visual media.
- Continues to monitor and assess various processes to ensure that they are producing the desired outcomes post-implementation and suggests further changes as needed to adjust improvements to reflect better results in efficiency, cost reduction and other desired business outcomes.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Exercise regular and predictable attendance and punctuality in accordance with Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures.
- Associates Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS) or related field. Prefer Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Management Information Systems (MIS) or related field.
- Five (5) years of progressively responsible experience in SQL Server, Python, and database administration including Access.
- OR an equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered in meeting the minimum qualifications.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENT
- Provide acceptable driving history at no cost to the County.
- Must possess a valid driver's license for operation of motor vehicles on Arizona roads at the start of employment and maintain said license while employed in this position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Microsoft SQL server (Administration and Programming).
- System programming techniques used to develop and maintain operating systems.
- Database and file management techniques.
- Data processing programs, languages and equipment.
- Computer capacity requirements.
- System design, development, and implementation.
- Computer hardware and operating capabilities.
- Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures, and Department Regulations.
- Planning, organizing, and managing projects.
- Communicating and maintaining professionalism with the public, Treasury Team, and work peers and contacts.
- Effectively train personnel in computer programming and operations.
- Establish and maintain working relationships with employees, agencies, and the public.
- Ability to follow written and verbal instructions.
- Effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- Perform the physical requirements of this classification with or without a reasonable accommodation
Mohave County provides two options for Self Insured Medical Plan, paid by Employee & Employer, to regular employees (employees who work at least 30 hours per week). Both plan options utilize the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona for in Arizona coverage, plus the Aetna Choice POS II network for out of Arizona coverage; when you need medical care, select a provider from the directory and verify the provider's current status as a network provider. The medical plans include pharmacy benefits.
- Summary Plan Description
- PLAN 1: Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO) Plan Deductible $1,000 per person deductible. Calendar Year Out of Pocket Maximum per Single Coverage is $6,300 and $12,700 for Family Coverage.
- PLAN 2: High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) $3,000 maximum Out of Pocket for Single Coverage and $6000 maximum Out of Pocket maximum for Family
Out of Pocket Maximum includes medical Deductible, medical Copays, Prescription Drug Deductible and Copays.
Teladoc is a healthcare option available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, and 365 days per year for non-emergent medical conditions.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
This voluntary benefit is available to all regular employees working at least 30 hours per week. This pre-tax option will reduce taxable income.
- Health care reimbursement account: up to $2,850 per year
- Dependent daycare reimbursement account: up to $5,000 per year
Health Savings Account (HSA)
This voluntary benefit is available to all qualified employees who are on the High Deductible Health Plan. This pre-tax option will reduce taxable income. You may elect to contribute up to the full 2022 annual limit:
- $3,650 max employee contribution for Single coverage
- $7,300 max employee contribution for Family coverage.
Dental insurance is available to regular employees working at least 30 hours per week through Delta Dental.
- High Option: $2,000 maximum annual benefit.High Option includes orthodontia benefit with lifetime maximum of $1,500.
- Low Option: $2,000 maximum annual benefit.
Vision insurance is available to regular employees working at least 30 hours per week through EyeMed Vision Care. EyeMed offers access to a broad network of independent providers as well as access to out-of-network providers.
Short Term Disability
Coverage is through Ochs, Inc. - Madison National
Short-Term Disability (STD) is insurance that replaces some of your income if an injury or illness prevents you from working. Provided by Mohave County.
Coverage is through Ochs, Inc. - Minnesota Life
- Basic Life Insurance / Accidental Death & Dismemberment of $50,000
- Provided by Mohave County to regular employees working at least 30 hours per week
Optional / Voluntary Benefits
Payroll deductions are available for the following Optional / Voluntary Benefits:
- Supplemental Life Insurance is available through Ochs, Inc.- Minnesota Life Insurance Company for employees, spouse and dependent children.
- Tax Deferred Compensation Plan 457: this option is voluntary and available to all employees through ICMA-RC or Nationwide.
- Identity Theft Protection is available through IdentityForce, Sontiq for employees and eligible dependents
Retirement Systems / Long-Term Disability
Mohave County is a MANDATORY participating agency in these classification-based retirement systems:
- (ASRS) Arizona State Retirement System: Eligible employees working at least 20 hours per week for 20 weeks or more. MANDATORY contribution rate as of 07/01/2022 is 12.17% beginning on your first paycheck and is employer matched.
- (CORP) Correction Officers Retirement Plan: Employees in Adult Detention positions with the Sheriff's Office. Contributions begin 90 days after first day of employment. Election rates of contribution are between 5% - 40%; default rate of 7%.
- (AOC-CORP) Administration of Courts - Correction Officers Retirement Plan: Juvenile Detention and Adult Probation (Superior Court). Contributions begin 90 days after first day of employment. Election rates of contribution are between 5% - 40%; default rate of 7%.
- (PSPRS) Public Safety Retirement System: Employees in certain positions with the Sheriff's Office. Defined Benefit Tier 3 contribution amount is 9.94%. Contributions begin 90 days after first day of employment.
The following additional benefits are available to all regular employees:
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Payroll direct deposit
- Paid Time Off - vacation/sick time
- Pre-tax deduction plan
- Up to 80% of medical premiums paid by Mohave County
- Bereavement Leave
These materials were created to help you understand the benefits available to you. This is not a Summary Plan Description and is not intended to replace the benefit summaries or schedule of benefits contained within the Plan. If any provision of these materials is inconsistent with the language of the Plan, the language of the Plan will govern .