Treasury Services Technician III
*Mohave County is currently recruiting for the position of Treasury Services Technician III in Kingman, AZ*
Based on qualifications, this position my be underfilled as:
Treasury Services Technician I, Range 8, Steps 1 - 16: $16.05 - $24.58
Treasury Services Technician II , Range 10, Steps 1 - 16: $17.69 - $26.90
Performs advanced level complex clerical accounting work as Treasury operator, receptionist and/or cashier using specific and varied software and administrative support in the Treasury Office that pertains to the collection and recording of tax payments. The Treasury Services Technician III is distinguished from the Treasury Services Technician I and II by the regular performance of complex level responsibilities.
Work is performed under general supervision and direction of the Treasury Accounting Manager. Work is reviewed through observations and evaluation of work performance and tasks completed by the incumbent.
Oversees technical work and/or provides training of Treasury Services Technician I's and II's.
Essential Job Functions
- Duties performed under the Treasury Services Technician I and II classifications.
- Applies refunds to accounts to reconcile tax charges.
- May process split billings by reviewing and analyzing parcel history involving splits and combines, ownership changes and identifying and reconciling errors.
- May review subordinate staff work for completeness and correct or reject as necessary to ensure daily work assignments are accurate.
- Cross trains in other Treasury Department positions as needed.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs related work as required.
- Performs special assignments as requested.
- Exercise regular and predictable attendance and punctuality in accordance with Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures.
- High School Diploma/GED (General Education Degree).
- Minimum of three (3) years progressively responsible advanced administrative and clerical office support.
- OR an acceptable combination of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and training may be considered in meeting the minimum requirements.
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND TRAINING:
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENT
- Provide acceptable driving history at no cost to the County.
- May need to possess a valid driver's license for operation of motor vehicles on Arizona roads at the start of employment and maintain said license while employed in this position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- English grammar, spelling and basic math.
- Standard office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Computers and software programs to include use of electronic spreadsheet and word processing applications.
- Data entry and verification procedures.
- Operating and utilizing modern office machines as necessary to include copiers, fax transmittal machines, calculator and the use of computer keyboards and related software and peripheral equipment.
- Communicating and maintaining professionalism with the public, Treasury Team, peers and work contacts.
- Ability to backup Treasury Services Supervisor.
- Successfully participate in extensive public contact for extended periods at a rapid pace and sometimes under stressful and confrontational situations.
- Type accurately and at a speed necessary to fulfill job responsibilities.
- Make rapid and accurate mathematical computations.
- Research and verify information.
- Work neatly and systematically in order to accurately maintain up-to-date records and documentation.
- Interpret and research utilizing Arizona Revised Statutes.
- Use prudent and reasonable judgment in applying established guidelines to solve technical challenges.
- Follow written and verbal instructions.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Must be able to perform the physical requirements of this classification with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Comply with Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures, and Department Regulations.
Mohave County provides two options for Self Insured Medical Plan, paid by Employee & Employer, to regular employees (employees who work at least 30 hours per week). Both plan options utilize the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona for in Arizona coverage, plus the Aetna Choice POS II network for out of Arizona coverage; when you need medical care, select a provider from the directory and verify the provider's current status as a network provider. The medical plans include pharmacy benefits.
- Summary Plan Description
- PLAN 1: Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO) Plan Deductible $1,000 per person deductible. Calendar Year Out of Pocket Maximum per Single Coverage is $6,300 and $12,700 for Family Coverage.
- PLAN 2: High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) $3,000 maximum Out of Pocket for Single Coverage and $6000 maximum Out of Pocket maximum for Family
Out of Pocket Maximum includes medical Deductible, medical Copays, Prescription Drug Deductible and Copays.
Teladoc is a healthcare option available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, and 365 days per year for non-emergent medical conditions.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
This voluntary benefit is available to all regular employees working at least 30 hours per week. This pre-tax option will reduce taxable income.
- Health care reimbursement account: up to $2,850 per year
- Dependent daycare reimbursement account: up to $5,000 per year
Health Savings Account (HSA)
This voluntary benefit is available to all qualified employees who are on the High Deductible Health Plan. This pre-tax option will reduce taxable income. You may elect to contribute up to the full 2022 annual limit:
- $3,650 max employee contribution for Single coverage
- $7,300 max employee contribution for Family coverage.
Dental insurance is available to regular employees working at least 30 hours per week through Delta Dental.
- High Option: $2,000 maximum annual benefit.High Option includes orthodontia benefit with lifetime maximum of $1,500.
- Low Option: $2,000 maximum annual benefit.
Vision insurance is available to regular employees working at least 30 hours per week through EyeMed Vision Care. EyeMed offers access to a broad network of independent providers as well as access to out-of-network providers.
Short Term Disability
Coverage is through Ochs, Inc. - Madison National
Short-Term Disability (STD) is insurance that replaces some of your income if an injury or illness prevents you from working. Provided by Mohave County.
Coverage is through Ochs, Inc. - Minnesota Life
- Basic Life Insurance / Accidental Death & Dismemberment of $50,000
- Provided by Mohave County to regular employees working at least 30 hours per week
Optional / Voluntary Benefits
Payroll deductions are available for the following Optional / Voluntary Benefits:
- Supplemental Life Insurance is available through Ochs, Inc.- Minnesota Life Insurance Company for employees, spouse and dependent children.
- Tax Deferred Compensation Plan 457: this option is voluntary and available to all employees through ICMA-RC or Nationwide.
- Identity Theft Protection is available through IdentityForce, Sontiq for employees and eligible dependents
Retirement Systems / Long-Term Disability
Mohave County is a MANDATORY participating agency in these classification-based retirement systems:
- (ASRS) Arizona State Retirement System: Eligible employees working at least 20 hours per week for 20 weeks or more. MANDATORY contribution rate as of 07/01/2022 is 12.17% beginning on your first paycheck and is employer matched.
- (CORP) Correction Officers Retirement Plan: Employees in Adult Detention positions with the Sheriff's Office. Contributions begin 90 days after first day of employment. Election rates of contribution are between 5% - 40%; default rate of 7%.
- (AOC-CORP) Administration of Courts - Correction Officers Retirement Plan: Juvenile Detention and Adult Probation (Superior Court). Contributions begin 90 days after first day of employment. Election rates of contribution are between 5% - 40%; default rate of 7%.
- (PSPRS) Public Safety Retirement System: Employees in certain positions with the Sheriff's Office. Defined Benefit Tier 3 contribution amount is 9.94%. Contributions begin 90 days after first day of employment.
The following additional benefits are available to all regular employees:
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Payroll direct deposit
- Paid Time Off - vacation/sick time
- Pre-tax deduction plan
- Up to 80% of medical premiums paid by Mohave County
- Bereavement Leave
These materials were created to help you understand the benefits available to you. This is not a Summary Plan Description and is not intended to replace the benefit summaries or schedule of benefits contained within the Plan. If any provision of these materials is inconsistent with the language of the Plan, the language of the Plan will govern .