At the City of Scottsdale, we're dedicated to our mission: Simply Better Service for a World-Class Community. Our Technology Coordinator is a key member of a group of dedicated professionals, bringing vital technical expertise to provide essential IT support for advanced video meeting technology and video production systems. If you are ready to be part of an impactful team delivering open government for a connected city, this could be the place for you.
About the Position:
Provides IT support for video production systems , public meetings, and audiovisual (AV) systems. This role involves ensuring smooth operation of technology used in these areas, troubleshooting technical issues, maintaining equipment , and preparing technical documentation and training.
Education and Experience
- A high school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalent is required.
- Three years of experience working with MS Office applications and problem resolution of such software in a support role is required.
- Experience in a television, video production, and/or AV environment.
- Experience supporting computer hardware and software and other equipment used for audiovisual presentations, video and audio productions, internet live streaming, and recorded telecasts.
- Knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications and supporting hardware.
- Knowledge of AV technology, including presentation systems, video collaboration, screen sharing and webinar applications.
Licensing, Certifications and Other Requirements
- Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted driver's license with no major citations within the past 39 months prior to the start date. The Arizona Department of Motor Vehicles requires that out-of-state driver's licenses must be surrendered within 10 days of relocating to the State of Arizona.
- Every person employed by the City of Scottsdale shall reside in the State of Arizona during his or her active employment by the City, regardless of whether the employee is approved to remote work.
- Analyzes user/application requirements and determines methods to be used.
- Provides department with technical support for hardware and software issues.
- Acts as liaison with the Information Technology Division regarding all technical projects.
- Provides technical training to division employees for automated systems.
- Provides or prepares technical documentation.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position or that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Most work is performed in a City office environment.
- Lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Operate a variety of standard office equipment including a computer, telephone, calculator, copy and fax machine requiring continuous and repetitive arm, hand, and eye movement.
- Travel to/from meetings and various locations as required.
Click here to review the entire Technology Coordinator job description.
The City of Scottsdale offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 12 Paid Holidays, which includes 1 Floating Holiday
- Vacation Accrual; starts at 10.3 hours/month
- Sick Leave Accrual; 8 hours/month
- Medical (which includes behavioral health coverage), Dental and Vision Benefits
- City Paid Basic Life Insurance (equal to one times employee annual salary); option of Supplemental Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement; $2,500/year
- Participation in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) Defined benefit plan with mandatory employer and employee contributions currently at 12.17% which includes a Long-Term Disability benefit
- Supplemental Retirement Plans through Nationwide; 457 and upcoming Employer contribution
- Pet Insurance
- Bilingual pay compensation
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: It is the policy of the city to provide employment opportunities to all persons based solely on ability, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
When advised, reasonable accommodations will be made in order for an "otherwise qualified applicant" with a disability to participate in any phase of the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources to request an accommodation. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting HR at (480) 312-2491. Requests should be made 24 hours in advance or as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. For TTY users, the Arizona Relay Service (1-800-367-8939) may contact HR at (480) 312-2491.
This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.
Closing Date/Time: 9/27/2023 11:59 PM Arizona