Specialty Leasing Representative
Position Title: Specialty Leasing Representative
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Full Time/Part Time: Full time
Posted Date: Posted Yesterday
Req ID: R55-2023
******Unless specifically contracted, resumes from recruiting agencies are not being accepted for this position. ****** We are currently seeking a Specialty Leasing Representative to be responsible for shopping center marketing and for increasing revenue in an established specialty leasing program for a portfolio of our properties. This position will report to a Specialty Leasing Director.
We are seeking a candidate experienced in specialty leasing or leasing with categories that may include but are not limited to: inline pop-ups, ATM's, carts, kiosks, advertising/sponsorship initiatives, vending, parking lot events, storage trailers, cell antennae/towers and billboards. A successful candidate will be self-motivated, work independently, be able to negotiate and close deals quickly, have strong written and verbal communication with tenants and colleagues, be a strong manager and be creative in their approach to leasing space and planning engaging shopping center events for customers.
Responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Collaborating with regional leasing and property management personnel to develop merchandising and leasing strategies for key assets and vacancies
- Sourcing small shop opportunities within an assigned portfolio, responding to prospective tenant and broker inquiries and generating leads through digital and in-person canvassing, cold calling and networking
- Developing a knowledge of Salesforce including digital marketing, lead capture, deal evaluation, deal input & approval, legal workflow and leasing pipeline reporting
- Partnering with the legal department as lease documentation is drafted and negotiated
- Partnering with the marketing department in developing campaign strategies and tactics for promoting specific vacancies to key audiences
- Maintaining key documentation related to upcoming license expirations, vacancies, marketing packages, category exclusives, site restrictions and other information of relevance to the leasing team
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
- Prior leasing or B2B sales experience of at least 1 year
- State Real Estate license is preferred
- Demonstrated proficiency with MS Office applications.
- Knowledge of Salesforce CRM, electronic marketing platforms, social media and other leasing technology is preferred but not a prerequisite
- Strong work ethic, communication and negotiation skills
The expected salary range for this position is between $65,000 and $75,000. The actual compensation will be based on factors such as scope and responsibilities of the position, candidate's work experience, education/training, job-related skills, internal peer equity, market and business considerations and other factors permitted by law.
Kimco Realty is an Equal Opportunity Employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression.
Kimco's mission is to create destinations for everyday living that inspire a sense of community and deliver value to our many stakeholders.
Kimco Realty® (NYSE:KIM) is a real estate investment trust (REIT) headquartered in Jericho, N.Y. that is North America's largest publicly traded owner and operator of open-air, grocery-anchored shopping centers, and a growing portfolio of mixed-use assets. The company's portfolio is primarily concentrated in the first-ring suburbs of the top major metropolitan markets, including those in high-barrier-to-entry coastal markets and rapidly expanding Sun Belt cities, with a tenant mix focused on essential, necessity-based goods and services that drive multiple shopping trips per week.
Kimco Realty is also committed to leadership in environmental, social and governance (ESG) issues and is a recognized industry leader in these areas. The company, which completed a holding company reorganization on January 1, 2023 to an Umbrella Partnership REIT ("UPREIT"), is publicly traded on the NYSE since 1991, included in the S&P 500 Index, and has specialized in shopping center ownership, management, acquisitions, and value enhancing redevelopment activities for more than 60 years. As of December 31, 2022, the company owned interests in 532 U.S. shopping centers and mixed-use assets comprising 91 million square feet of gross leasable space.