Senior Budget Analyst
The City of Scottsdale is looking for a creative, independent thinker and doer, experienced in financial analysis to join the Budget Department as our new Senior Budget Analyst.
The Senior Budget Analyst performs a wide variety of complex analytical work involving the preparation, study and application of City budgets; as well as duties involved in the research, analysis and development of efficient financial systems.
The City of Scottsdale offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 12 Paid Holidays, which includes 1 Floating Holiday
- Vacation Accrual; starts at 10.3 hours/month
- Sick Leave Accrual; 8 hours/month
- Medical (which includes behavioral health coverage), Dental and Vision Benefits
- City Paid Basic Life Insurance (equal to one times employee annual salary); option of Supplemental Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement; $2,500/year
- Participation in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) Defined benefit plan with mandatory employer and employee contributions currently at 12.17% which includes a Long-Term Disability benefit
- Supplemental Retirement Plans through Nationwide; 457 and Employer contribution
- Pet Insurance
- Bilingual pay compensation
Please note : Applications will be reviewed periodically, and interviews conducted.
The application and supplemental questions are an integral part of the selection process and must be completed in full in order for you to be considered as a candidate. Please complete each section and answer all questions as thoroughly as possible. DO NOT state "See resume" in lieu of answering. Unanswered questions, incomplete responses, omissions, or partial information may result in disqualification from the selection process.
Applicants whose education, training and experience most closely meet the needs of the position may be invited to participate in a selection process to include a panel interview and an assessment exercise. Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include:
- Criminal Background screening for the past 7 years
Click here to review the entire Senior Budget Analyst job description.
The City of Scottsdale reserves the right to change this process at any time.
PLEASE NOTE: Years of experience are based on a work schedule of 2,080 hours per year for full-time positions and 1,040 hours per year for part-time positions, and while work experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis, depending upon the job classification, education may not be substituted for work experience.
Education and Experience
- A Bachelor's Degree in Economics, Finance, Accounting, Public Administration, or other business-related fields from an accredited educational institution.
- Three years' professional experience in finance, management analysis, budgeting, accounting, or closely related field.
- An equivalent combination of education and job-related experience may substitute for the educational requirements on a year-for-year basis.
- Preferred: Master's Degree in Business Administration or Public Administration.
Licensing, Certifications, and Other Requirements
- Every person employed by the City of Scottsdale shall reside in the State of Arizona during his or her active employment by the City, regardless of whether the employee is approved to remote work.
Please Note: The following documents MUST be submitted with the application to be considered for this recruitment:
- Cover Letter
Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following:
- Prepares monthly and annual financial reports. Provides information to the Budget Director and City management to facilitate analysis of budget variances and financial trends.
- Participates in the planning, implementation and evaluation of the budget process and develops strategies and alternatives that focus on continuous improvement, innovation, and change.
- Coordinates budget information from all parts of the organization and presents information in a fashion consistent with the intended user.
- Prepares multi-year financial models, revenue and expenditure forecasts and financial trend analysis.
- Performs citywide budget development, monthly revenue and expenditure monitoring and variance reporting.
- Researches and answers financial and budget questions.
- Provides financial and budget information to citizens, senior management, and staff from other cities upon request.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position or that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lift and carry storage files and computer reports weighing up to 20 pounds.
- Travel to/from meetings and various City locations.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: It is the policy of the city to provide employment opportunities to all persons based solely on ability, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
When advised, reasonable accommodations will be made in order for an "otherwise qualified applicant" with a disability to participate in any phase of the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources to request an accommodation. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491. Requests should be made 24 hours in advance or as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. For TTY users, the Arizona Relay Service (1-800-367-8939) may contact HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491.
This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.