Program Representative Senior
Mohave County Community Services Department is currently recruiting for a Program Representative Senior in the Workforce Development Division.
*This is a Grant Funded Position*
Performs professional advanced level work involved in case management services for participants of employment and training programs and in supervising, planning, assigning, and coordinating staff in the areas of employment competency, outreach service, vocational placement or other related activities as defined by program and grant requirements awarded to the Community Services Department. The employee is expected to exercise initiative and independent judgment in supervising assigned staff and in planning, assigning, coordinating and monitoring program activities in accordance with established policies, procedures, regulations and requirements.
Work is performed under direction of the Workforce Development Manager.
Directly exercises immediate to general supervision of assigned subordinates.
Essential Job Functions
- Plans, organizes and supervises the activities of professional, paraprofessional, clerical and volunteer personnel involved in workforce development activities; prepares performance evaluations; monitors records and reports filed by assigned personnel for completeness, accuracy, and adherence to policy and procedure guidelines; instructs personnel in department policies, procedure guidelines; and provides training.
- Serves as a resource of information for coworkers and Management.
- Implements program requirements of the Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA) relating to Adult, Dislocated Worker and/or Youth Program participants; determines eligibility for program enrollment based on income criteria and priorities of service; explains program rules, regulations, and procedures to participants, enrolls participants, and prepares employment and training plans; provides on-going case management and career coaching to support plan implementation.
- Creates and updates hard copy and electronic database client files by recording each contact made with clients and families; maintains records required for active participants and for follow-up after clients are exited from the program.
- Serves as a liaison between clients and community agencies; collaborates with relevant agencies to create and work toward unified case management plans.
- Maintains an awareness of local job market and opportunities to assist in providing guidance to clients; may attend job fairs, conduct special workshops, presentations, group orientations, or perform other training and outreach services.
- Counsels and assists clients in understanding causes of, and contributing factors to, their barriers to employment and persuades them to identify and utilize personal and external resources to resolve or alleviate those barriers.
- Assesses participant need for support services. Provides remedial budget counseling and evaluates participant income/expenses, determining means to resolve financial gaps.
- Researches, recommends and administers assessment instruments; evaluates and interprets results of assessment instruments such as, but not limited to Test of Adult Basic Education (TABE), WOWI Aptitude Testing, O*Net, and others.
- Develops, reviews and teaches employment competency curriculum to include pre-employment, work readiness and job specific skills.
- Participates with the Workforce Development Manager, Supervisors and Coordinators to prepare Local Workforce Development Area plans, requests for proposals, responses to, and reports for, grant applications as well as statistical and budget information.
- May participate on relevant committees, councils and/or boards, as assigned.
- Communicates and acts in a professional manner with the public, co-workers, and work contacts.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs related work as required.
- Performs special assignments as requested.
- Exercise regular and predictable attendance and punctuality in accordance with Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures.
- Bachelor's degree in education, social work or related field.
- Two (2) years of increasingly responsible case management experience that includes the development of training sessions and provision of training in employment competency, job skills or other skills designed to develop and enhance an individual's employable knowledge, skills and abilities in acquiring future employment.
- OR Any equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered in meeting the minimum qualifications.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENT
Must possess a valid driver's license for operation of motor vehicles on Arizona roads at the start of employment and maintain said license while employed in this position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures, and Department Regulations.
- Current state and federal labor laws and regulations, and labor relations practices and activities.
- Principles and practices of contemporary leadership and supervision.
- Technical materials to plan, coordinate and perform activities associated with employment competency activities and program responsibilities of the WIOA.
- Employment competency program management, implementation, evaluation, and the development of teaching and training resources.
- Development and implementation of employment competency and job skills curriculum.
- Effective interviewing and counseling techniques.
- Job market trends including occupational requirements of employers in the community.
- Current policies and regulations governing eligibility for clients.
- Workforce-related and social service agencies and programs available in the community.
- Personal computer systems and peripherals such as electronic spreadsheets, word processing, presentation equipment, and calculators.
- Supervision and motivating employees.
- Teaching principles and instructional methods and techniques.
- Operating personal computer systems and applicable software.
- Administer contemporary management/supervisory principles and practices.
- Conduct teaching sessions and develop and obtain appropriate teaching materials.
- Aid others in learning employment competencies and job skills.
- Plan, organize, coordinate, implement, and develop programs.
- Set priorities, assign, schedule, train, supervise and evaluate work activities.
- Comply with Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures, and Department Regulations.
- Analyze and evaluate data collected to develop and prepare concise, orderly recommendations and reports in a timely manner.
- Analyze situations and determine appropriate or alternative actions.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Perform the essential functions of the job specifications with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.