The City of Chandler Management Services Department is currently seeking qualified individuals interested in joining our team as a Procurement Officer. This is a regular, full-time position with benefits. The position is scheduled to work Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. Once past probation, theremaybe an opportunity to work remotely a couple of days per week.
City of Chandler
Chandler, the fourth largest City in Arizona, is located in one of the fastest growing innovation and technology centers in the nation. Chandler is a vibrant, diverse, fiscally responsible community with a supportive business climate that attracts global industry leaders, exciting startups, talented workers and their families. In addition to being a great place to live, play and work our local hotels, resorts, golf courses, restaurants and ample shopping opportunities make Chandler one of Arizona's great vacation spots.
Who we are
The City of Chandler Management Services Department consists of 71.625 full time equivalents (FTE) and includes Administration, Accounting, Budget, Purchasing, Central Supply, Tax and License, Utility Services, and Environmental Management. Within the Management Services Department, the Purchasing Division consists of 6 positions and is responsible for soliciting, awarding and administering the City's contracts for materials and services in accordance with Federal, State and City legal requirements and managing the Purchasing Card program.
Who we are looking for
Our new team member will have a passion for customer service, teamwork, and collaboration. We are looking for a new team member who will bring hard work, initiative, and dedication to the team. Our new team member will have strong problem-solving skills, a positive attitude, and a willingness to learn and innovate with the team. We are looking for someone who can build strong and lasting relationships with City staff, contractors, and the public.
- Performs on-going contract management including ensuring contracts are valid, determining requirements for solicitations or renewals based on market conditions and customer requirements, recommending corrective actions for contractor deficiencies, documenting change orders and amendments, monitoring and documenting contractor performance; verifies insurance coverage and spending limits.
- Procures a variety of supplies, services, commodities, consultants, repair and maintenance; determine appropriate policies, procedures and methods for procurement; collaborates with customer department to develop contract specifications, scope of work and evaluation criteria and ensures procurement compliance; prepares solicitation document, oversees contractor evaluation process, conducts negotiations, facilitates legal review of recommended contract and prepares memoranda for Council approval, as needed.
- Provides training and guidance to internal and external customers; conducts training on purchasing policies and procedures; recommends alternative, economical solutions; researches market trends and developments; monitors price trends and inflation rates.
- Responds to citizen inquiries, solicitation protests and contractor related issues; resolves contractual disputes.
- Assists with developing and implementing purchasing policies and procedures and implementing strategic programs and projects.
- Bachelor's Degree in Purchasing, Business Administration, or related field; and
- At least three (3) years' experience in a professional capacity involving the procurement of a wide variety of materials, equipment, construction, contractual and professional provider services; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- Certified Professional Public Buyer's (CPPB) Certification.
This is a regular full-time position, subject to a six (6) month probationary period. A register of qualified candidates will be active for four (4) months should another position become available.
All applicants hired will be required to be fingerprinted with successful results as a condition of continued employment.
Applicants for employment and volunteer opportunities should be aware of the City of Chandler's policies concerning the use of drugs and alcohol. These policies have not been altered by the passage of Proposition 207. The use of recreational marijuana is a violation of the City's Drug Free Workplace Policy. Certain positions within the City are required to submit to a pre-employment drug test. A positive result for drugs tested under the policy, including recreational marijuana, may be grounds for withdrawal of an offer of employment or volunteer opportunity. The examination process may vary if determined necessary.
The City of Chandler is committed to Equal Opportunity and Reasonable AccommodationClosing Date/Time: 2/2/2023 11:59 PM Arizona