Probation Surveillance Officer I-Probation
About the Mohave County Courts and Probation
The Mohave County Courts and Probation are a high-performing organization, with a collaborative team of innovators who work to improve our Courts and the services we provide. We hire people who will share our vision of making a difference in people's lives in the communities we serve.
See all that the Mohave County Courts and Probation offer!
Under general supervision, undertakes and performs a variety of entry-level tasks associated with the surveillance of probationers and/or supervision and oversight of work crews assigned to perform community restitution as a condition of probation.
Position is open until filled. Initial review of applications will begin Monday, May 15, 2023.
*It is typical for this position to be filled at Range 11 Step 1, $18.57/hr. Depending on qualifications and experience, starting pay could increase up to $22.85/hr.
Note: Resumes are considered supplemental information only. Failure to complete the entire online application, including fully detailing all education and experience, will likely result in disqualification. Please read and follow theapplication instructions by clicking the following link: How to apply. Use the drop-down menu titled, "How to Apply" located at the bottom of the webpage.Read Probation Information Sheet with Disqualifiers .Complete and submit your application, resume, letter of interest online.
Essential Job Functions
Please see the job description for the job functions.
High school diploma or GED AND two (2) years of relevant, progressively responsible law enforcement, criminal justice, military, community service program work experience, including six (6) months of management, supervision, or closely related experience OR any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills, and abilities have been achieved. Must be at least 21 years of age. Must be able to work a varied schedule. Successful applicants must also possess a valid Arizona driver's license, be of good moral character, undergo and successfully complete a criminal history/background investigation (felony and misdemeanor convictions may be disqualifying depending upon the number, severity, and recency), and a Credit Check. Offers of employment are conditioned upon the candidate's successful completion of a psychological evaluation, polygraph examination, and pre-employment drug/alcohol screen.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENT
Must complete annual training as required by the Committee on Judicial Education and Training (COJET). Must possess a valid State of Arizona Driver's License at the start of employment and maintain said license while employed in this position. Provide acceptable driving history at no cost to the County. Must obtain within (60) days of employment and maintain defensive driving and first aid/CPR certifications. Depending on the assignment may be required to obtain and maintain a valid driver's license. Employees are subject to immediate callout when an emergency, disaster, or breach of homeland security occurs. Employees shall be available, unless excused, to ensure the court is adequately staffed during and immediately following natural and/or manmade disasters, infectious disease outbreaks, and acts of terrorism. This may require assisting other employees in the work unit in accomplishing assignments as necessary and working of unusual, long hours over an extended period of time with infrequent breaks or rest periods. An employee who is working with an accommodation must meet with their supervisor and division head to discuss their requirement for a response. Minimum of 21 years of age; U.S. citizen or have legal resident status. Must successfully pass a pre-employment character and fitness background investigation, including but not limited to fingerprinting and criminal history records check, Department of Child Safety (DCS) Central Registry check, (MVD) driving records check, psychological evaluation, polygraph examination, and submit to and pass a pre-employment drug/alcohol screen. This is a safety-sensitive position.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Knowledge of applicable city, county, Arizona Supreme Court, state and Federal statutes, rules, ordinances, codes, administrative orders, case law and other relevant directives.
- Knowledge of Mohave County and specific court-related policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of the principles of management and supervision.
- Knowledge of the principles of bookkeeping and/or accounting.
- Knowledge of the principles of file and records management.
- Knowledge of court processes, procedures and legal terminology.
- Knowledge of the principles of inventory control.
- Knowledge of trends and practices in probation, surveillance and counseling focused on an offender-based population.
- Knowledge of community services, community projects and related community service opportunities.
- Skill in reading, understanding, interpreting and applying relevant city, county, state and Federal statutes, rules, ordinances, codes, administrative orders, case law and other relevant directives.
- Skill in assessing, evaluating, prioritizing and handling multiple tasks, projects and demands.
- Skill in working within deadlines to complete projects and assignments.
- Skill in producing written reports and oral presentations for internal and external audiences.
- Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relations with co-workers, other County employees, representatives of other governmental agencies, the bar association, victims, witnesses, litigants, jurors, news media, general public and others having business with the courts of Mohave County.
- Skill in operating a personal computer utilizing a variety of commonly used and specialized software applications
Mohave County provides two options for Self Insured Medical Plan, paid by Employee & Employer, to regular employees (employees who work at least 30 hours per week). Both plan options utilize the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona for in Arizona coverage, plus the Aetna Choice POS II network for out of Arizona coverage; when you need medical care, select a provider from the directory and verify the provider's current status as a network provider. The medical plans include pharmacy benefits.
- Summary Plan Description
- PLAN 1: Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO) Plan Deductible $1,000 per person deductible. Calendar Year Out of Pocket Maximum per Single Coverage is $6,300 and $12,700 for Family Coverage.
- PLAN 2: High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) $3,000 maximum Out of Pocket for Single Coverage and $6000 maximum Out of Pocket maximum for Family
Out of Pocket Maximum includes medical Deductible, medical Copays, Prescription Drug Deductible and Copays.
Teladoc is a healthcare option available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, and 365 days per year for non-emergent medical conditions.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
This voluntary benefit is available to all regular employees working at least 30 hours per week. This pre-tax option will reduce taxable income.
- Health care reimbursement account: up to $2,850 per year
- Dependent daycare reimbursement account: up to $5,000 per year
Health Savings Account (HSA)
This voluntary benefit is available to all qualified employees who are on the High Deductible Health Plan. This pre-tax option will reduce taxable income. You may elect to contribute up to the full 2022 annual limit:
- $3,650 max employee contribution for Single coverage
- $7,300 max employee contribution for Family coverage.
Dental insurance is available to regular employees working at least 30 hours per week through Delta Dental.
- High Option: $2,000 maximum annual benefit.High Option includes orthodontia benefit with lifetime maximum of $1,500.
- Low Option: $2,000 maximum annual benefit.
Vision insurance is available to regular employees working at least 30 hours per week through EyeMed Vision Care. EyeMed offers access to a broad network of independent providers as well as access to out-of-network providers.
Short Term Disability
Coverage is through Ochs, Inc. - Madison National
Short-Term Disability (STD) is insurance that replaces some of your income if an injury or illness prevents you from working. Provided by Mohave County.
Coverage is through Ochs, Inc. - Minnesota Life
- Basic Life Insurance / Accidental Death & Dismemberment of $50,000
- Provided by Mohave County to regular employees working at least 30 hours per week
Optional / Voluntary Benefits
Payroll deductions are available for the following Optional / Voluntary Benefits:
- Supplemental Life Insurance is available through Ochs, Inc.- Minnesota Life Insurance Company for employees, spouse and dependent children.
- Tax Deferred Compensation Plan 457: this option is voluntary and available to all employees through ICMA-RC or Nationwide.
- Identity Theft Protection is available through IdentityForce, Sontiq for employees and eligible dependents
Retirement Systems / Long-Term Disability
Mohave County is a MANDATORY participating agency in these classification-based retirement systems:
- (ASRS) Arizona State Retirement System: Eligible employees working at least 20 hours per week for 20 weeks or more. MANDATORY contribution rate as of 07/01/2022 is 12.17% beginning on your first paycheck and is employer matched.
- (CORP) Correction Officers Retirement Plan: Employees in Adult Detention positions with the Sheriff's Office. Contributions begin 90 days after first day of employment. Election rates of contribution are between 5% - 40%; default rate of 7%.
- (AOC-CORP) Administration of Courts - Correction Officers Retirement Plan: Juvenile Detention and Adult Probation (Superior Court). Contributions begin 90 days after first day of employment. Election rates of contribution are between 5% - 40%; default rate of 7%.
- (PSPRS) Public Safety Retirement System: Employees in certain positions with the Sheriff's Office. Defined Benefit Tier 3 contribution amount is 9.94%. Contributions begin 90 days after first day of employment.
The following additional benefits are available to all regular employees:
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Payroll direct deposit
- Paid Time Off - vacation/sick time
- Pre-tax deduction plan
- Up to 80% of medical premiums paid by Mohave County
- Bereavement Leave
These materials were created to help you understand the benefits available to you. This is not a Summary Plan Description and is not intended to replace the benefit summaries or schedule of benefits contained within the Plan. If any provision of these materials is inconsistent with the language of the Plan, the language of the Plan will govern .