Police Records Specialist
ABOUT THE POSITION
- Performs clerical and administrative duties in accordance with SLPD policies and procedures.
- Performs data entry into automated information systems, updates records, locates and retrieves files or documents, and performs routine file maintenance.
- Reviews reports and redacts confidential information; enters and validates reports and information into Arizona/National Crime Information Centers (ACIC/NCIC) databases.
- Checks and completes records, forms, and other documents.
- Maintains files of reports, citations, and booking records.
- Prepares traffic citations and police reports routing them to the appropriate court.
- Answers single or multi-line phones, responds to routine requests for information, resolves routine.
- Provides information, instructions, and assistance to the public and others having business with SLPD; assists customers with requests, applications, government forms and other documents.
- Communicates with other agencies regarding police records, victims' rights, consent forms, or other areas as directed.
- Transcribes letters, police records, police reports, complaints, interviews, and other statements from tapes.
- Translates from Spanish/English forms, witness statements, interviews, letters, and other documents.
- Compiles figures and data for monthly or summary reports.
- Maintains schedules of meetings, events, subpoenas, and hearings for police personnel.
- Retrieves, sorts, and distributes incoming mail and faxes.
- Types routine correspondence.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
Will have knowledge of:
- City organization, operations, policies, and procedures
- Applicable state and federal rules and regulations, governing law enforcement records management
- Procedures of the management of official documents
- Principles of record keeping and records management
- Data entry and verification procedures.
- Standard office practices, procedures, and equipment.
- Business English, spelling, grammar, punctuation, and composition.
Will have the ability to:
- Maintain accurate records in compliance with SLPD procedures.
- Dealing tactfully and courteously with individuals seeking information about SLPD activities
- Use automated information systems to develop and maintain data and produce documents.
- Utilized judgment and discretion to make decisions.
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Research and compile information and prepare correspondence and reports.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Type 35 wpm proficiently.
- Work overtime and shift work, including days, evenings, nights, weekends, and holidays to maintain 24-hour coverage of the Records Section.
- High School Diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalent; and
- One (1) year of progressively responsible experience performing office support work.
- Any combination of training, education, and experience equivalent to one year of progressively responsible secretarial/office work experience.
- A valid Arizona Driver's License at the time of application and must be maintained throughout employment.
- Residency in the United States and within 25 miles from the City of San Luis.
- Obtain ACJIS and NCIC Certifications within six (6) months of employment.
- Bilingual in Spanish
- San Luis Residency
The City of San Luis is committed to Professional Growth and Career Development -
Current employees may be given preferred consideration if they meet the position's minimum requirements.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - Applications review will be reviewed on September 15 , 2023.
Candidates deemed to have the most relevant backgrounds will be invited to participate in the interview/assessment process.
The City of San Luis offers the following benefits to all full-time City employees:
MEDICAL/ DENTAL/ VISION INSURANCE - The City of San Luis is proud to provide medical, dental and vision insurance for it's employees which is administered by 90Degree Benefits. Dependent premiums are paid one month in advance and are pre-taxed. Additional information regarding medical, dental and vision benefits may be requested from the Human Resources Department.
ARIZONA STATE RETIREMENT SYSTEM (ASRS) - City employees are required to enroll in the Arizona State Retirement System.
- Employee Contribution - 12.03%
- Employer Contribution - 12.03%
ARIZONA STATE RETIREMENT SYSTEM (ASRS) - LONG TERM DISABILITY (LTD)
- Employee Contribution - .014%
- Employer Contribution - .014%
SOCIAL SECURITY AND MEDICARE-
FICA (Social Security Tax) - Employee Contribution - 6.20%
Medicare - Employee Contribution - 1.4500%.
PAID TIME OFF (PTO) -
Vacation Leave Accruals (Based on years of service and accrued on bi-weekly basis)
Less than 6 years - 3.08 hrs. 6 - 11 years - 4.62 hrs. 11 years or more- 6.16 hrs. Sick Leave - 3.69 hrs.
LIFE INSURANCE - The City provides eligible employees with a Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) benefit. This plan is administered by Standard.
Basic Life Benefit - $50,000.00
AD&D Benefit - $50,000.00
DISABILITY INSURANCE - Disability insurance is available to all employees who work 30 or more hours per week.
Short-Term Disability - Coverage begins on the 15th day of injury or sickness.
Duration of Benefits - 180 days
Benefits Percentage- 66.67%
Waiting Period - 14 days
Maximum Weekly Benefit: $2,000.00
WORKER'S COMP - Insurance coverage for medical expenses and loss of income due to an on-the-job injury is provided by the City of San Luis for all employees.
Closing Date/Time: 10/20/2023 11:59 PM Arizona