Mohave County Community Services is currently recruiting for an Office Specialist in the Kingman location.
*This position is Grant Funded*
Depending on qualification, may fill position as:
Office Assistant Senior , Range 8, Step 1 - 16; $16.05 - $25.03
This is one classification in a progressive series of Office Administration positions which performs complex advanced level office support and clerical work of a technical and highly responsible nature and may direct other clerical and office positions. This advanced level position requires a thorough knowledge of the entire process of which it is a part, and the general procedures of other offices and agencies whose work affects the position. These specialized, technical positions are given the general objective of each project and are then responsible for developing procedures and making assignments to accomplish these objectives. Positions require analysis, initiative and judgment to apply practices, regulations and policies to a variety of difficult and varied work situations and to resolve, or recommend solutions, to work problems.
Work is performed under the direction or general supervision, depending upon assignment, of a higher level of authority.
As assigned, may exercise technical, functional or direct supervision of subordinates.
Essential Job Functions
- Maintains, with relative independence in completing assigned tasks accurately and in maintaining standard correspondence, files, and reports of assigned area.
- Meets the public and receives phone calls.
- Responds to questions concerning department procedures or directs query to an individual or department as appropriate while providing excellent customer service.
- As assigned, may review work of other staff for conformance to regulations.
- Understands and interprets procedures and practices related to various departmental and assigned programs.
- As assigned, may delegate work assignments, train, monitor, schedule, oversee or directly supervise and review the work of subordinate clerical and office employees.
- May assist in interviewing and screening applicants and recommending disciplinary actions.
- May complete employee evaluations.
- Assists wherever needed to perform duties of department and in giving help in complex situations.
- Helps public with difficult, complex problems.
- Assist at the front counter and will cross-train with other positions within the department for backup as assigned.
- As needed, composes correspondence and other documents to respond to inquiries and to obtain, update or provide information.
- Create, review, and maintain various reports through the use of databases, spreadsheets and various software programs for various County, State, Federal and Accrediting purposes.
- Researches public and internal records for proper information.
- Keeps time and leave records of division or department.
- Establishes, coordinates and maintains filing systems and indexing and cross-referencing systems for assigned department.
- Follows and adheres to State of Arizona records retention, transfer and destruction schedules.
- Audits incoming and outgoing data for accuracy, completeness and quality. Resolves errors and omissions.
- Compiles and computes data from files and other sources in preparing reports.
- Maintains inventory of materials, equipment, and purchasing records and reports.
- Gathers and prepares materials for special reports, forms, policy formulation and summaries at the request of superiors as assigned.
- Performs research for assigned area.
- Checks frequently against a variety of records in order to secure complete and accurate information.
- Operates common office machines to include computer keyboards and related peripheral equipment.
- Maintains a high level of confidentiality.
- Present and conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times.
- Communicate in a courteous and helpful manner as well as clear and concise manner at all times.
- Resolve complaints within scope of information and authority, and/or refer to chain-of-command as appropriate.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs special assignments as requested.
- Performs related work as required.
- Exercise regular and predictable attendance and punctuality in accordance with Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures.
- High School diploma /GED (General Education Degree).
- Four (4) years minimum progressively responsible advanced administrative and clerical office support with which:
- Two (2) of the Four (4) years performing specialized support in the assigned department/division or comparable Mohave County Department.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered in meeting the minimum qualifications.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENT
- Must possess a valid driver's license for operation of motor vehicles on Arizona roads at the start of employment and maintain said license while employed in this position.
- Must provide driving history upon acceptance of appointment at no cost to the County.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Procedures, terminology, equipment, accepted or common practices, and policies of the assigned specialized work and the department/area to which assigned.
- English grammar, spelling, punctuation and arithmetic.
- Modern office practices, procedures and equipment.
- Filing, index and information systems.
- Organization of the department.
- Applicable rules, laws, regulations and practices.
- Courtesy and tact in dealing with the public and public officials.
- Computing literacy to include use of electronic spreadsheet and word processing applications.
- Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures, and Department Regulations.
- Operation of a customer service and utility billing office.
- Efficiently operating and utilizing modern office machines as necessary to include computers, copiers, fax transmittal machines, calculators, and related software and peripheral equipment.
- Microsoft Office software including Excel and Word (be able to do merges in Word and basic spreadsheet functions in Excel).
- Effectively communicate and establish relationships with the public, staff, and work contacts.
- Use good judgment in assessing a situation and responding appropriately.
- Act and communicate in a professional manner.
- Multi-task with a large number of assignments and a variety of situations
- Effectively perform the responsibilities of the specialty field and the position.
- Exercise courtesy and tact in dealing with the public and public officials and maintain confidentiality.
- Work independently in completing assigned tasks accurately and in maintaining standard correspondence, files, and reports of the office.
- Organize and prioritize assignments, cope with varying demands and work under pressure with frequent interruptions.
- Analyze information, and interpret and apply technical, legal and departmental information encountered in the performance of responsibilities.
- Develop appropriate, effective and efficient methods of completing assignments through others.
- Follow complex oral and written instructions.
- Supervise, work with and communicate effectively with subordinates.
- Type accurately and at a speed necessary to fulfill job responsibilities.
- Comply with Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures, and Department Regulations.
- Understand complex valuation and taxation structure.
- Occasionally travel for meetings and/or conferences.
- Perform the essential functions of the job specifications with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Mohave County provides two options for Self Insured Medical Plan, paid by Employee & Employer, to regular employees (employees who work at least 30 hours per week). Both plan options utilize the Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona for in Arizona coverage, plus the Aetna Choice POS II network for out of Arizona coverage; when you need medical care, select a provider from the directory and verify the provider's current status as a network provider. The medical plans include pharmacy benefits.
- Summary Plan Description
- PLAN 1: Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO) Plan Deductible $1,000 per person deductible. Calendar Year Out of Pocket Maximum per Single Coverage is $6,300 and $12,700 for Family Coverage.
- PLAN 2: High Deductible Health Plan (HDHP) $3,000 maximum Out of Pocket for Single Coverage and $6000 maximum Out of Pocket maximum for Family
Out of Pocket Maximum includes medical Deductible, medical Copays, Prescription Drug Deductible and Copays.
Teladoc is a healthcare option available 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, and 365 days per year for non-emergent medical conditions.
Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA)
This voluntary benefit is available to all regular employees working at least 30 hours per week. This pre-tax option will reduce taxable income.
- Health care reimbursement account: up to $2,850 per year
- Dependent daycare reimbursement account: up to $5,000 per year
Health Savings Account (HSA)
This voluntary benefit is available to all qualified employees who are on the High Deductible Health Plan. This pre-tax option will reduce taxable income. You may elect to contribute up to the full 2023 annual limit:
- $3,850 max employee contribution for Single coverage
- $7,750 max employee contribution for Family coverage.
Dental insurance is available to regular employees working at least 30 hours per week through Ameritas.
- High Option: $2,000 maximum annual benefit.High Option includes orthodontia benefit with lifetime maximum of $1,500.
- Low Option: $2,000 maximum annual benefit.
Vision insurance is available to regular employees working at least 30 hours per week through Ameritas. Ameritas offers access to a broad network of independent providers as well as access to out-of-network providers with two plan options available. Plan 1: EyeMed ViewPointe or Plan 2: VSP Focus.
Short Term Disability
Coverage is through Ochs, Inc. - Madison National
Short-Term Disability (STD) is insurance that replaces some of your income if an injury or illness prevents you from working. Provided by Mohave County.
Coverage is through Ochs, Inc. - Minnesota Life
- Basic Life Insurance / Accidental Death & Dismemberment of $50,000
- Provided by Mohave County to regular employees working at least 30 hours per week
Optional / Voluntary Benefits
Payroll deductions are available for the following Optional / Voluntary Benefits:
- Supplemental Life Insurance is available through Ochs, Inc.- Minnesota Life Insurance Company for employees, spouse and dependent children.
- Tax Deferred Compensation Plan 457: this option is voluntary and available to all employees through ICMA-RC or Nationwide.
- Identity Theft Protection is available through IdentityForce, Sontiq for employees and eligible dependents
Retirement Systems / Long-Term Disability
Mohave County is a MANDATORY participating agency in these classification-based retirement systems:
- (ASRS) Arizona State Retirement System: Eligible employees working at least 20 hours per week for 20 weeks or more. MANDATORY contribution rate as of 07/01/2023 is 12.29% beginning on your first paycheck and is employer matched.
- (CORP) Correction Officers Retirement Plan: Employees in Adult Detention positions with the Sheriff's Office. Contributions begin 90 days after first day of employment. Election rates of contribution are between 5% - 40%; default rate of 7%.
- (AOC-CORP) Administration of Courts - Correction Officers Retirement Plan: Juvenile Detention and Adult Probation (Superior Court). Contributions begin 90 days after first day of employment. Election rates of contribution are between 5% - 40%; default rate of 7%.
- (PSPRS) Public Safety Retirement System: Employees in certain positions with the Sheriff's Office. Defined Benefit Tier 3 contribution amount is 9.94%. Contributions begin 90 days after first day of employment.
The following additional benefits are available to all regular employees:
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Payroll direct deposit
- Paid Time Off - vacation/sick time
- Pre-tax deduction plan
- Up to 80% of medical premiums paid by Mohave County
- Bereavement Leave
These materials were created to help you understand the benefits available to you. This is not a Summary Plan Description and is not intended to replace the benefit summaries or schedule of benefits contained within the Plan. If any provision of these materials is inconsistent with the language of the Plan, the language of the Plan will govern .
Closing Date/Time: 9/15/2023 5:00 PM Arizona