Office Assistant (Consolidated)
Mohave County Public Health Department is currently recruiting for an Office Assistant in Lake Havasu City.
This position focuses on a variety of administrative support and clerical functions including front desk/reception functions as assigned. Incumbents have previous experience in performing specialized office tasks of the assigned department/area and need only a short introduction to the specific procedures, forms, and processes of the assigned position. Assignment to the Bookkeeping/Accounting functions require experience or training in Bookkeeping or Accounting tasks.
A higher level of authority. The incumbent has the responsibility for the completion of assigned tasks accurately and in a timely manner. Work is reviewed through observation and evaluation of work performance and tasks completed by the incumbent.
As assigned may assist in training new clerical employees, temporaries and volunteers.
Essential Job Functions
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Meets and greets the public.
- Receives phone calls and responds to questions concerning department procedures or directs query to an individual or department as appropriate.
- May talk with individuals to gather preliminary information or verify information for various County programs or activities.
- As requested, review work of other staff for conformance to regulations.
- Understands and interprets procedures and practices related to various departmental and assigned programs.
- Assists an office superior by performing routine administrative details including but not limited to: sorting and routing department mail, making copies, scanning documents, filing, alphabetizing documents and date stamping incoming documents, maintaining waiting lists for services, maintain program specific databases and spreadsheets.
- Contacts vendors to obtain prices and purchases various supplies and materials.
- Maintains and establishes associated files to include entering information and documents into filing and data systems ensuring completeness and accuracy.
- Types forms, letters, reports and file cards from draft, or rough copy.
- Prepares follow-up correspondence or calls to obtain additional information or to respond to inquiries.
- Prepares standardized reports and statements.
- Collects, compiles and submits data for use in statistical reports, internal operating studies or policy formulation.
- Meets established deadlines and informs concerned parties of deadlines and appointments.
- Maintains an inventory of materials on-hand and notifies the supervisor when supplies are needed. May order supplies as required.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality of information.
- Communicates and acts in a professional manner with the public, co-workers, and work contacts
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs special assignments as requested.
- Performs related work as required.
- Exercise regular and predictable attendance and punctuality in accordance with Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures.
- High School diploma/ GED (General Education Degree).
- Two (2) years minimum of progressive office support and clerical training, cash handling and/or bookkeeping.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered in meeting the minimum qualifications.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENT
- Must possess a valid driver's license for operation of motor vehicles on Arizona roads at the start of employment and maintain said license while employed in this position.
- May be required to provide acceptable driving history at no cost to the County.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Modern office practices and records management/maintenance procedures.
- English grammar and spelling.
- Basic mathematics required to calculate and perform general accounting procedures.
- Filing and information systems, including EXCEL and Microsoft Word.
- Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures, and Department Regulation.
- Effectively operating personal computers, calculators and peripheral hardware and software products to provide guidance on the maintenance and implementation of developmental procedures of department to which assigned.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing with all people.
- Use databases and other forms of electronic data storage.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records and documentation.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Obtain data from the computer during on-line operations, including interpreting technical and departmental information encountered in the performance of responsibilities.
- Maintain a high standard of confidentiality.
- Understand brief, written or oral directions and grasp ideas quickly in order to carry out instructions, solve problems with initiative and exercise good judgment.
- Organize workload to ensure determinations are made on a time basis.
- Perform the essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Comply with Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures, and Department Regulation.
Closing Date/Time: 6/2/2020 5:00 PM Arizona