*Mohave County is currently recruiting for the position of Office Assistant in Public Health Nursing located in Bullhead City, AZ*
This is one classification in a progressive series of Office Administration positions which focuses on a variety of administrative support and clerical functions including front desk/reception functions as assigned. Incumbents have previous experience in performing specialized office tasks of the assigned department/area and need only a short introduction to the specific procedures, forms, and processes of the assigned position. Assignment to the Bookkeeping/Accounting functions require experience or training in Bookkeeping or Accounting tasks.
A higher level of authority. The incumbent has the responsibility for the completion of assigned tasks accurately and in a timely manner. Work is reviewed through observation and evaluation of work performance and tasks completed by the incumbent.
As assigned may assist in training new clerical employees, temporaries and volunteers.
Essential Job Functions
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Meets and greets the public.
- Receives phone calls and responds to questions concerning department procedures or directs query to an individual or department as appropriate.
- May talk with individuals to gather preliminary information or verify information for various County programs or activities.
- As requested, review work of other staff for conformance to regulations.
- Understands and interprets procedures and practices related to various departmental and assigned programs.
- Assists an office superior by performing routine administrative details including but not limited to: sorting and routing department mail, making copies, scanning documents, filing, alphabetizing documents and date stamping incoming documents, maintaining waiting lists for services, maintain program specific databases and spreadsheets.
- Contacts vendors to obtain prices and purchases various supplies and materials.
- Maintains and establishes associated files to include entering information and documents into filing and data systems ensuring completeness and accuracy.
- Types forms, letters, reports and file cards from draft, or rough copy.
- Prepares follow-up correspondence or calls to obtain additional information or to respond to inquiries.
- Prepares standardized reports and statements.
- Collects, compiles and submits data for use in statistical reports, internal operating studies or policy formulation.
- Meets established deadlines and informs concerned parties of deadlines and appointments.
- Maintains an inventory of materials on-hand and notifies the supervisor when supplies are needed. May order supplies as required.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality of information.
- Present and conduct themselves in a professional manner at all times.
- Communicate in a courteous and helpful manner as well as clear and concise manner at all times.
- Resolve complaints within scope of information and authority, and/or refer to chain-of-command as appropriate.
As assigned to Assessor:
- Under oversight by Office Specialist, reviews non-complex recorded documents that relate to property ownership for adherence to standards required in order to update Assessor's real property database.
- Initiates written and/or telephone communications with property owners to assist in clarification and/or correction of ownership issues as directed by Office Specialist.
- Performs data entry within real property database for ownership changes based on valid recorded documents provided by other departments.
- Under oversight by Office Specialist, reviews non-commercial real property sales transactions, performing initial simple analysis processes to validate sales prices.
- Assists in administering various programs related to property tax exemptions, valuation freezes, and property tax deferrals, by reviewing applications, gathering supplemental documentation, and performing data entry functions.
- Under oversight by Office Specialist, reviews and routes workflow documents relating to creation or deletion of new parcels that result from splitting or combining existing parcels and performs data entry in real property database for non-complex parcel creation/deletions.
- Routes routine documents relating to ownership and improvement changes for centrally valued properties in conjunction to the Arizona Department of Revenue.
- Assists in reviewing annual centrally valued property data upload received from Arizona Department of Revenue for accuracy.
- Participates in regular training courses or conferences to ensure knowledge and skills relating to job-specific practices are up-to-date.
As assigned to Arizona @ Work functions:
- Keeps current files of resources available to area residents and provides information about how to obtain the services.
- May record each contact made with clients into database for program requirement.
- May provide clients and staff with notices of workforce and community activities, resources and services and encourages client utilization.
- As Assigned may: coordinate/facilitate workshops, informational sessions, community events, and assist Arizona @ Work Career Center clients with employment applications and registration into the statewide employment database, job clubs and assessments.
- As Assigned may assist with Arizona @ Work outreach services and provide assistance at area job fairs and functions.
As assigned Bookkeeping/Accounting functions:
- Posts to and maintains a variety of ledgers.
- Prepares or assists in preparing special and regular reports.
- Receives, records and deposits cash receipts.
- Prepares daily tabulations and reports of cash receipts.
- Distributes receipts to proper funds following established routines.
- Prepares checks for deposit.
- Classifies receipts and disbursements in accordance with established codes, referring questionable allocations to superiors.
- Maintains billing and posting of charges and credits to accounts.
- Prepares summary sheets and trial balances.
- Keeps and controls books for subsidiary and operating funds.
As assigned Cashier Functions:
- Receives money from the public in payment of taxes, fees, service charges, and materials sold.
- Clears register on to daily remittance sheets.
- Puts money into register, records daily receipts.
- Performs a trial balance at end of shift.
- Runs daily reports.
- Maintains control on memo debits.
- Enters memo credits to the Title Companies.
- Records deeds submitted by title companies.
- Completes endorsement stamp.
- Indicates action taken on receipts.
- Collects proper fees.
- Makes any refunds.
- Puts all documents recorded at the counter through the register.
- Recalculates receipts received from personal property.
- Rings correct amount in cash register. Gives change.
As assigned Clerk Typist:
- Composes and types letters, routine correspondence, memos, reports, forms, notices, permits, receipts, vouchers, news releases, articles, meeting minutes, bulletins, speeches, invoices, requisitions, purchase orders, claims, expense reports, tabulations, accounting and financial statements, manuals, and various other material from rough drafts, verbal instructions or established procedures.
- Proofreads documents; copies and collates typed materials.
- Posts to various moderately complex clerical, fiscal and/or other records according to established policies and procedures.
- Sorts, tabulates and summarizes various statistical and associated data.
- Accepts required fees and creates deposits and related reports.
- Processes transactions including issuing various licenses and permits, accepting required permitting fees, and/or other relative transactions.
- Checks and verifies calculation of billing statements, invoices and other documents requiring payment.
- Establishes and maintains filing systems and records retention schedules.
- Sorts and distributes incoming mail; prepares outgoing mail.
- Operates common office equipment to include computer keyboards, Fax machines, copiers, laminators and related peripheral equipment in completing work assignments. Scanning of documents. Scheduling of meetings, meeting locations; registrations for conferences and/or training classes; reservations for motels and/or conferences.
As assigned Legal Process:
- Receives documents via email, mail, or delivery and may scan, copy, file and route as required.
- Collects fees and fines.
- Maintains archived records and keeps storage area organized.
- Processes legal documents to include, but not limited to, claims, writs, executions, attachments, warrants, summons, Deeds of Trust, etc.
- Delivers and Files/records legal documents with Court or other entities.
- Prepares letters or calls to obtain additional information or advise clients of changes in court appearances or meetings.
- Enter or update information in Justware legal database/case management system.
As assigned to Public Health:
- Create and maintain a supportive work environment with other departments and community programs, Public Health divisions, and Public Health leadership on accreditation domain while maintaining a culture of quality improvement.
- Apply basic principles, practices, techniques, teaching, and communication methods related to the age, gender, race/ethnicity, educational level and socioeconomic status of community members.
- Communicate and act in a cultural competent and professional manner maintaining cooperative relationships with community members, co-workers, and work contacts.
As assigned to Victim Services:
- Recruiting volunteers.
- Developing training curriculum, and conducting training sessions for the volunteers that perform crisis intervention.
- Assisting victims with Victim Compensation applications.
- Completion of applications for Orders of Protection and Injunctions Against Harassment.
- Navigation of the criminal justice system, referrals to community service agencies, and assistance in exercising statutory rights.
- Writing and reviewing progress of cases after attending court on behalf of the victim.
- The Volunteer Coordinator/Court Advocate is subject to emergency call-out and stand-by during off-duty hours in order to respond to crisis situations.
- Provides victims court accompaniment to hearings/trials.
- Explains the victims' rights under the Arizona Constitutional Victims' Bill of Rights.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs special assignments as requested.
- Performs related work as required.
- Exercise regular and predictable attendance and punctuality in accordance with Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures.
- High School diploma/ GED (General Education Degree).
- Two (2) years minimum of progressive office support and clerical training.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered in meeting the minimum qualifications.
Preferred Education, Experience and Training for Bookkeeping/Accounting Assignment
- 2 yrs cash handling and/or bookkeeping experience
- OR 2-year Associate Degree in Accounting or Finance or Business with an Accounting emphasis.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENT
- May be required to possess a valid Driver's License at the start of employment and maintain said license while employed in this position.
- May be required to provide acceptable driving history at no cost to the County.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Modern office practices and records management/maintenance procedures.
- English grammar and spelling.
- Basic mathematics required to calculate and perform general accounting procedures.
- Filing and information systems, including EXCEL spreadsheets and Microsoft Word.
- Mohave County Personnel Policies & Procedures and Department Regulations.
Effectively operating personal computers, calculators and peripheral hardware and software products to provide guidance on the maintenance and implementation of developmental procedures of department to which assigned.?
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing with all people.
- Use databases and other forms of electronic data storage.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records and documentation.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Obtain data from the computer during on-line operations, including interpreting technical and departmental information encountered in the performance of responsibilities.
- Maintain a high standard of confidentiality.
- Understand brief, written or oral directions and grasp ideas quickly in order to carry out instructions, solve problems with initiative and exercise good judgment.
- Organize workload to ensure determinations are made on a time basis.
- Act in a professional manner and professional in communication with others.
- Comply with Mohave County Personnel Policies & Procedures and Department Regulations.
- Perform the essential functions of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Closing Date/Time: 9/30/2022 5:00 PM Arizona