GENERAL PURPOSE: Under general supervision, performs a variety of professional, technical and administrative activities including research, analysis and reporting to support the functions of the Development Services Department. Conducts research and assists with special projects and program management. Plans, organizes and directs the City's development agreements and development impact fee programs; including maintenance and tracking of requirements and public improvements. Duties may vary according to work assignment. Also, a customer advocate by assisting developers and citizens to understand the development process.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The following duties ARE NOT intended to serve as a comprehensive list of all duties performed by all employees in this classification, only a representative summary of the primary duties and responsibilities. Incumbent(s) may not be required to perform all duties listed and may be required to perform additional, position-specific duties.
• Performs project and policy studies and analysis, which includes: conducting research, interpreting data, determining and raising pertinent issues, summarizing findings, makes recommendations and presents results.
• Composes correspondence and other documents on a wide variety of subjects requiring knowledge of the programs, services and policies of the department; creates, develops and processes technical documents and other communications.
• Maintains the tracking of all City development agreements, development impact fees, public improvements, and land use development agreements and incentives.
• Prepares a variety of reports summarizing project, study, and program data; analyzes related data and makes recommendations based on findings.
• Researches grant funding opportunities; author, coordinate, and monitor grant application packages; processes and reviews all department grant proposal applications.
• Responsible for the maintenance and tracking of all City development agreements, development impact fees, public improvements, land use development agreements and incentives.
• Develops and maintains a system to identify all development stipulations in plats, zoning cases and site plans which have financial and/or operational requirements. Notifies and works with appropriate stakeholders to ensure implementation and timely execution of agreement requirements. Ensures pertinent data is incorporated into the City permitting and GIS systems.
• Ensures all policy guidelines and administrative procedures for development agreements are being followed.
• Assists with the negotiation of development agreements, determination of infrastructure exactions and developer requirements.
• Performs other duties as assigned or required
Minimum Qualifications & Position Requirements
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's Degree in Public or Business Administration and four (4) year's experience in project management and administrative support, including one (1) year of public sector experience; OR an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ideal candidates will have professional experience working in a government, business or non-profit setting, in which duties included: project management, customer services, grant writing and administration, data collection and organization, research and analysis, and writing and reporting.
Necessary Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Project management principles and techniques.
• Research methods, data collection and technical report writing.
• Public Administration and governmental organizations
• Accounting, organizational developmental, policy formation, and budget preparation.
• City organization, operations, policies and procedures.
• Applicable statutes, rules, ordinances, codes and regulations.
• Principles of record keeping and records management.
• Analyzing issues, identifying solutions, and recommending and implementing methods, procedures and techniques for resolution.
• Assessing and prioritizing multiple tasks, projects and demands.
• Reading and interpreting Community Master Plans, project stipulations, contracts, development agreements, plans, maps, staff reports, meeting minutes, financial records/reports, Development Code and General Plan.
• Working with development agreement preparation and interpretation; principles and practices of supervision and program management.
• Writing policy guidelines and administrative procedures.
• Operating various office equipment, including a personal computer utilizing a variety of business software.
• Make decisions and exercise resourcefulness in addressing new problems.
• Working independently and as a team member, maintaining composure and working effectively in a high-pressure environment with changing priorities.
• Cultivate partnerships with the development community to facilitate the work of the department and foster positive customer relations.
• Read and correct grammar and spelling on scientific and non-scientific written documents.
• Maintain effective working relationships within the department, with other City departments, with customers, developers, consultants and with public agencies.
• Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Learn City policies and procedures.
• Make independent judgment decisions.
Valid Arizona Driver's License.
Employee Benefits & Wellness
The City offers a comprehensive benefits package to full-time classified and management employees. Part-time classified employees may be eligible for select benefits where defined.
For complete Benefit Plan & Wellness Information, please visit the City website at:
Benefits & Wellness
City benefit plans are subject to change at any time.
Closing Date/Time: 9/12/2023 11:59 PM Mountain