Maintenance Technician – Highway Users
ABOUT THE POSITION
YOUR FUTURE BEGINS HERE!
As the Maintenance Technician, you will:
- Maintains and repairs streets, grounds, and facilities using hand and power tools, equipment, machinery, and vehicles;
- Cleans, repairs (seals cracks/chips and applies asphalt/gravel), and maintains City streets, storm drains, and catch basins;
- Fabricates, installs, maintains, and replaces directional and traffic signs, sidewalks, curbs, and gutters using heavy equipment and materials;
- Performs general concrete work including footings, finishing, forming, etc.;
- Establishes traffic control safety procedures at work sites as per MUTCD (Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices) standards;
- Installing traffic controls and signage and/or stripping;
- Operates backhoes, small dump trucks, bob cats, and other equipment as required;
- Pumps flood water after major storms;
- Performs basic building construction, maintenance, and repair tasks (remodeling, framing, sheetrock installation, roofing, stucco, painting, basic plumbing/electrical work, etc.);
- Performs operator-level inspection, servicing, fueling, and maintenance (including washing) of assigned tools, equipment, and vehicles;
- Responds to requests from City departments for assistance as needed;
- May oversee community service workers and coordinate activities;
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Will possess knowledge of:
- Street, grounds, and building maintenance/repair;
- The operation of construction equipment and various hand and power tools;
- Service, maintenance, and repair of tools, vehicles, and equipment;
- Codes and standards applicable to road and building construction;
- Occupational hazards and safety procedures.
Will have the ability to:
- Operate hand and power tools and construction equipment for construction/maintenance/repair;
- Perform manual labor tasks which may include heavy lifting;
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions;
- Follow established safety procedures in the performance of duties;
- Perform operator-level servicing and maintenance of assigned vehicles, tools, and equipment.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- One (1) year experience in construction, road repair/maintenance work and equipment operation.
- Must have concrete construction experience.
- Must have the ability to understand and follow oral and written instructions in English.
- Residency in the United States and within 25 miles of the City of San Luis
Licensure and Certification: mus t maintain throughout employment.
- A valid driver's license at the time of appointment
- Obtain commercial driver's license (A or B) within 6-month of employment
- Traffic Control Certification.
- Bilingual in Spanish.
- San Luis residency
The City of San Luis is committed to Professional Growth and Career Development -
Current employees may be given preferred consideration if they meet the position's minimum requirements.
OPEN UNTIL FILLED - Applications will be reviewed weekly.
Candidates deemed to have the most relevant backgrounds will be invited to participate in the interview/assessment process.
The City of San Luis offers the following benefits to all full-time City employees:
MEDICAL/ DENTAL/ VISION INSURANCE - The City of San Luis is proud to provide medical, dental and vision insurance for it's employees which is administered by 90Degree Benefits. Dependent premiums are paid one month in advance and are pre-taxed. Additional information regarding medical, dental and vision benefits may be requested from the Human Resources Department.
ARIZONA STATE RETIREMENT SYSTEM (ASRS) - City employees are required to enroll in the Arizona State Retirement System.
- Employee Contribution - 12.03%
- Employer Contribution - 12.03%
ARIZONA STATE RETIREMENT SYSTEM (ASRS) - LONG TERM DISABILITY (LTD)
- Employee Contribution - .014%
- Employer Contribution - .014%
SOCIAL SECURITY AND MEDICARE-
FICA (Social Security Tax) - Employee Contribution - 6.20%
Medicare - Employee Contribution - 1.4500%.
PAID TIME OFF (PTO) -
Vacation Leave Accruals (Based on years of service and accrued on bi-weekly basis)
Less than 6 years - 3.08 hrs. 6 - 11 years - 4.62 hrs. 11 years or more- 6.16 hrs. Sick Leave - 3.69 hrs.
LIFE INSURANCE - The City provides eligible employees with a Life Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment (AD&D) benefit. This plan is administered by Standard.
Basic Life Benefit - $50,000.00
AD&D Benefit - $50,000.00
DISABILITY INSURANCE - Disability insurance is available to all employees who work 30 or more hours per week.
Short-Term Disability - Coverage begins on the 15th day of injury or sickness.
Duration of Benefits - 180 days
Benefits Percentage- 66.67%
Waiting Period - 14 days
Maximum Weekly Benefit: $2,000.00
WORKER'S COMP - Insurance coverage for medical expenses and loss of income due to an on-the-job injury is provided by the City of San Luis for all employees.