Library Security Guard
The Prescott Valley Public Library is looking for a security guard to maintain a safe and inviting atmosphere for all patrons and staff in the library building and on surrounding Town property while providing exceptional customer service.
If you feel that being a part of a fun atmosphere and a great team environment is what you are needing we encourage you to apply!
Examples of Duties
- Patrol inside the Library building and its outside perimeter frequently to prevent theft and vandalism; Monitor staff areas for trespassers and identify and respond to special security needs.
- Perform final security check of entire building and help to lock up the library building when assigned to closing shift, ensuring the safety of staff as they leave the building.
- Respond to security or emergency situations directly or by contacting appropriate staff, law enforcement or other emergency personnel as necessary. Communicate with staff during emergencies and assist patrons as needed during emergency situations.
- Serve as a greeter to patrons entering the library and answer directional, informational, or other questions in a friendly and cheerful manner; perform security and welcoming functions for Library meetings and special events.
- Explain and enforce Library Code of Conduct and policies to maintain appropriate patron behavior and public atmosphere. Be proactive to effectively and discreetly diffuse potential problem situations with minimal disruption to library service and escort disruptive patrons from Library premises.
- Minimum of one year work experience involving extensive interaction with the public required. Public library or retail security experience preferred.
- Willing and able to work various shifts depending upon the needs of the library, including evenings and weekends.
- Knowledge of Library Code of Conduct and ability to explain and enforce these rules; ability to diffuse and de-escalate potential situations, exercising the appropriate level of authority necessary.
- Must possess, or have the ability to obtain upon hire, a valid Arizona driver's license.
- The successful candidate will be required to pass a pre-employment background investigation and drug screening test.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to include days, evenings, weekends and/or holidays depending on library needs.
The salary range is $20.28 to $23.32. Starting salary depends on qualification and experience. The town provides a full range of benefits including no-cost to you health coverage and a generous retirement package including participation in the Arizona State Retirement.
**The Town is finalizing a Classification study through September.
The Town of Prescott Valley-The Cooler Side of Arizona
The Town of Prescott Valley is located in beautiful central Arizona, set between the scenic Mingus and Bradshaw mountain ranges in the heart of Yavapai County. Our high desert elevation of 5,100 feet affords us four seasons with mild temperatures year-round. Prescott Valley is the largest and fastest-growing municipality in the county. (est. 50,000 pop.)
Founded in 1966, Prescott Valley offers a small-town, rural atmosphere filled with rich natural beauty and modern amenities. Three national forests are nearby, and the South Rim of the Grand Canyon is a short two-hour drive away. The Prescott Valley lifestyle is for someone who enjoys a relaxed pace of life, but also wants the excitement of being part of a growing, evolving community!
Known as a diverse, welcoming community, Prescott Valley boasts excellent cultural, recreational and educational activities and superior public services. The Town's downtown area is anchored by a 5,000 seat, town-owned event center that hosts concerts, sporting events, and shows.
A carefully created General Plan serves to protect the quality of life that has been the reason that many have moved to Prescott Valley. The town has an excellent K-12 school system, local access to higher education, and offers a variety of shopping and restaurant options in and around its inviting central business district.
Incorporated in 1978, the Town operates under the council-manager form of government. We believe our greatest resource in fulfilling our mission is our employees! Our signature count-on-me SERVICE culture means together, we roll up our sleeves and get the job done quickly and effectively. We value INTEGRITY, holding ourselves to the highest standards; we are responsible, honest and transparent. RESPECT, we treat others with dignity. We genuinely welcome differences in people, cultures, ideas and experiences for a more inclusive workplace. TEAMWORK, honoring our commitments. FUN, our energizing force to create and innovate finding a new way to pioneer public services. When we have fun doing what we love our citizens love their experiences with us! With a sense of humility we give our time, attention and action in service to others.
Under the leadership of our Town Manager and Council, the Town of Prescott Valley is a proactive, visionary, and solution-oriented organization. Fiscally conservative, the Town is financially sound with little debt and healthy reserves, positioning us to move forward in continued smart and sustainable growth for years to come.
Part-time regular employees:
- General Leave:75 hours the first year, increasing annually up to 125 hours for hourly employees.
- Holidays: Eleven (11) paid holidays; Five (5) hours per day for PT employees.
- Workers' Compensation: Southwest Risk Insurance; Subsidizes lost wages and provides medical benefits as mandated by the state for on the job work related illness or injuries.
- Fit for Life Wellness Program: The Town is dedicated to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all volunteers and paid staff. Participation is strictly voluntary. All employees and their family members are encourage to participate in wellness activities that are of interest and may aid in their personal physical and mental wellness goals.
- Direct Deposit: Paychecks are deposited directly into the employee's bank account(s) on a bi-weekly schedule.