About the Position
Performs Tier 1 and Tier 2 Information Technology helpdesk operations, troubleshooting, technical and professional tasks, maintaining, repairing and installing PC workstations, laptops, tablets, printers, cellular smartphones, peripheral devices and cabling. Also includes support of Microsoft products including Office and Cloud services.
Applications will be reviewed weekly.
Education and Experience
- A high school diploma or General Educational Development (GED) equivalent is required.
- Two years' experience in the field of Enterprise-level computer repair, support, troubleshooting and staging of PC and server hardware.
Licensing, Certifications and Other Requirements
- Must possess and maintain a valid, unrestricted driver's license with no major citations within the past 39 months prior to the start date. The Arizona Department of Motor Vehicles requires that out-of-state driver's licenses must be surrendered within 10 days of relocating to the State of Arizona.
- Every person employed by the City of Scottsdale shall reside in the State of Arizona during his or her active employment by the City, regardless of whether the employee is approved to remote work.
- Preferred: CompTIA A+ certification or a Microsoft certification related to a currently supported Microsoft Windows Desktop Operating system, Microsoft Office 365 Associate level or above.
Other pertinent licenses and/or certifications may be required of some positions depending on division/department/service assignment.
Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following:
- Performs routine technical duties required to install and maintain computer, laptops, ruggedized, tablet and other forms of PC's; printers and other peripherals.
- Performs routine technical duties required to maintain and repair computers, telephones, printers and PC peripheral equipment.
- Performs cellular phone setups and problem solving.
- Performs preventative maintenance on heavy-use equipment such as computers, mobile phones, monitors, and printers.
- Performs annual inventory of City technology assets.
- Assists in maintaining interoperability among City operating systems including email, storage, file transfers, network services, and database access.
- Maintainsknowledge base pertaining to repair procedures, service records, software installation, manuals, imaging and schematics.
- Updates work order inventory system, using ITIL processes.
- Installs miscellaneous communications equipment, data jacks and cabling as required.
- OperatesHelpdesk and provides Tier 2 and 3 support on a rotational basis.
- Coordinates the scheduling of work to be performed with department representative(s) and contractors to ensure that all work is completed effectively and successfully and to technical standards of the city.
- Moves and set up technology equipment for areas experiencing new floor design, carpeting, etc.
- Updates on-line work order inventory systems and interprets customer's needs.
- Drives a motor vehicle to various City locations in order to perform work on computers.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position or that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Participates in an on-call rotation to meet 24/7 support requirements in the City.
- Moves heavy objects, including computers, printers, cabling, weighing up to 50 pounds to deliver equipment to various work sites.
- Travel to/from various City locations.
To view the full job description, work environment and physical demands, click here:
The City of Scottsdale offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 12 Paid Holidays, which includes 1 Floating Holiday
- Vacation Accrual; starts at 10.3 hours/month
- Sick Leave Accrual; 8 hours/month
- Medical (which includes behavioral health coverage), Dental and Vision Benefits
- City Paid Basic Life Insurance (equal to one times employee annual salary); option of Supplemental Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement; $2,500/year
- Participation in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) Defined benefit plan with mandatory employer and employee contributions currently at 12.29% which includes a Long-Term Disability benefit
- Supplemental Retirement Plans through Nationwide; 457
- Pet Insurance
- Bilingual pay compensation
Please visit the Benefits Information page for more information.
The application and supplemental questions are an integral part of the selection process and must be completed in full in order for you to be considered as a candidate. Please complete each section and answer all questions as thoroughly as possible. DO NOT state "See Resume" in lieu of answering. Unanswered questions, incomplete responses, omissions, or partial information may result in disqualification from the selection process.
Applicants whose education, training and experience most closely meet the needs of the position may be invited to participate in a selection process that may include a panel interview. Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening that may include:
- Fingerprinting search of the national FBI Database
- Criminal Background screening
- Drug Screen
- 39-Month Motor Vehicle Department Records Check
The City of Scottsdale reserves the right to change this process at any time, potentially without advance notice.
PLEASE NOTE: Years of experience are based on a work schedule of 2,080 hours per year for full-time positions and 1,040 hours per year for part-time positions, and while work experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis, depending upon the job classification, education may not be substituted for work experience.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: It is the policy of the city to provide employment opportunities to all persons based solely on ability, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability. When advised, reasonable accommodations will be made in order for an "otherwise qualified applicant" with a disability to participate in any phase of the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources to request an accommodation. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491. Requests should be made 24 hours in advance or as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. For TTY users, the Arizona Relay Service (1-800-367-8939) may contact HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491.
This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.
Closing Date/Time: 9/29/2023 11:59 PM Arizona