The City of Chandler Neighborhood Resources Department is currently seeking qualified individuals interested in joining our team as a Housing Assistant. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with benefits.
Why work for Chandler?
- Accrue 122 hours paid vacation in your first year, eligible to be used immediately following accrual
- Accrue 96 hours paid sick leave in your first year, eligible to be used immediately following accrual
- 12 paid holidays per year plus additional time off at the end of the year (Winter Break)
- Free Tumbleweed Recreation Center membership
- Professional development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250 annually
- City contributions of 1% gross wages per pay period to deferred compensation
- Become part of the Arizona State Retirement System with a 100% City contribution match
- 3 medical plans to choose from along with dental and vision coverage
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Robust Employee Wellness program with $350 incentive
Who we are
The Neighborhood Resources Department strengthens and enriches the community by providing high-quality services and resources through neighborhood revitalization; resident empowerment; promotion and celebration of diversity; City code enforcement; and excellent housing assistance.
Who we are looking for
Our new team member will have a passion for customer service, teamwork, and collaboration. Our new team member will be responsible for eligibility for Section 8 and other state, federal or local housing programs and participants. Our new team member will work closely with our housing specialists and will provide administrative support as well as provide reports to federal auditors on program participation and the selection process. Strong organizational skills and an eye for detail are important skills for this role serving our community.
A High School Diploma or GED; and two (2) years of experience in customer service, including at least one (1) year of experience in subsidized housing or a closely related field; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
Experience working with a public housing authority
To view complete job description click here
An offer of employment is contingent upon acceptable results. All applicants hired will be required to be fingerprinted with successful results as a condition of continued employment.
Applicants for employment and volunteer opportunities should be aware of the City of Chandler's policies concerning the use of drugs and alcohol. These policies have not been altered by the passage of Proposition 207. The use of recreational marijuana is a violation of the City's Drug Free Workplace Policy. A positive result for drugs tested under the policy, including recreational marijuana, may be grounds for withdrawal of an offer of employment or volunteer opportunity.
The City of Chandler is committed to Equal Opportunity & Reasonable AccommodationClosing Date/Time: 11/19/2023 11:59 PM Arizona