Healthcare Customer Service
The job of the Recovery Specialist is to make outbound calls, receive incoming calls; all with the purpose of resolving the outstanding balance via the necessary avenues. The Recovery Specialist will also need to skip trace for the correct location of debtors and properly follow up on all correspondence. There are occasions the Recovery Specialist will also have to contact an insurance company for account follow up and resolution.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Working a large case load of outstanding accounts
- Fielding incoming calls
- Making a minimum of 75 outbound calls
- Provide great customer service to every caller
- Negotiating account payoff, setting up payment plans & answering general account questions
- Skip tracing where needed for better locate info.
- Adhering to all industry regulations, including HIPAA (medical debts), TCPA, etc...
- Enjoy what you do!
. Requirements: Education/Experience/Skills Required:
- High school diploma or GED equivalent.
- Strong negotiation skills
- Basic Microsoft Office knowledge
- The ability to Multitask
- Excellent customer service
- Practice effective written and oral communication
- Time Management
- Stick to client specific processes and procedures
- The ability to handle multiple computer systems at one time
- Creative talk offs, effective negotiation skills and proper follow up habits
- Compliance with HIPAA, FCRA, FDCPA and all other applicable laws and regulations
- Effective listening skills
- Organized and the ability to multitask
- Fast learner and the ability to troubleshoot
- Properly handle highly confidential information
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle or feel; regularly required to sit for extended periods of time, talk, hear and read; occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Special vision requirements for this job include close vision and ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. This position may require some reimbursable travel.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.