Government Relations Senior Program Manager
The City of Chandler is seeking qualified individuals interested in joining our team as a Government Relations Senior Program manager. This is a full-time, exempt position with benefits. First review of applications will be Monday, November 13, 2023.
Why work for Chandler?
- Accrue 122 hours paid vacation in your first year, eligible to be used immediately following accrual
- Accrue 96 hours paid sick leave in your first year, eligible to be used immediately following accrual
- 12 paid holidays per year plus additional time off at the end of the year (Winter Break)
- Free Tumbleweed Recreation Center membership
- Professional development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250 annually, $3200 for part time employees
- City contributions of 1% gross wages per pay period to deferred compensation
- Become part of the Arizona State Retirement System with a 100% City contribution match
- 3 medical plans to choose from along with dental and vision coverage
- Flexible schedule/Remote work options
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Robust Employee Wellness program with $350 incentive
Who we are
The Government Relations and Policy Division executes the Federal and State policy agenda of the City of Chandler to serve the interests of our community. The division works with regional agencies such as Maricopa Association of Governments , Valley Metro , Arizona Municipal Water Users Association , East Valley Partnership and the League of Arizona Cities and Towns t o represent Chandler's priorities throughout the State.
Who we are looking for
Our new team member will have a passion for customer service, team work, and collaboration. We are looking for someone with experience with the council/manager form of government and it's operations and in developing legislative and/or public policy and the ability to obtain a Public Lobbyist Certification within six (6) months of hire.
A Bachelor's Degree in Political Science, Public Administration or related field; and five (5) years of experience in management support with at least three (3) years of experience in developing legislative and/or public policy; and Public Lobbyist Certification within six (6) months of hire or promotion; and a valid Driver's License with acceptable driving record; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
To view the complete job description click here
The position available is regular full-time position and is subject to a six (6) month probationary period. A register of qualified candidates will be active for four (4) months should another position become available.
All applicants hired will be required to successfully complete a driver's license check and be fingerprinted with successful results as a condition of continued employment.
Applicants for employment and volunteer opportunities should be aware of the City of Chandler's policies concerning the use of drugs and alcohol. These policies have not been altered by the passage of Proposition 207. The use of recreational marijuana is a violation of the City's Drug Free Workplace Policy. Certain positions within the City are required to submit to a pre-employment drug test. A positive result for drugs tested under the policy, including recreational marijuana, may be grounds for withdrawal of an offer of employment or volunteer opportunity.
The City of Chandler is committed to Equal Opportunity & Reasonable Accommodation.Closing Date/Time: 11/19/2023 11:59 PM Arizona