Enterprise Systems Engineer
Oversees the daily administration and support of the City's Microsoft Core Services, Microsoft 365, enterprise email, VMWare enterprise virtualization, enterprise data storage, data center infrastructure, and enterprise cloud infrastructure (Azure, AWS).
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited educational institution.
- A minimum of five years' experience with local area networks and Windows server technologies.
- Any equivalent combination of education and/or job-related experience that meets the minimum qualifications may be substituted.
- Preference may be given for certain technical certifications.
Licensing, Certifications and Other Requirements
- TOC-D Certification within 1 month of hire.
- Every person employed by the City of Scottsdale shall reside in the State of Arizona during his or her active employment by the City, regardless of whether the employee is approved to remote work.
Other pertinent licenses and/or certifications may be required of some positions depending on division/department/service assignment.
Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following:
- Supports and adheres to back-up process and procedures associated with protecting network stored data from losses associated with system failure, corruption, or disaster.
- Ensures high availability, security, stability, integrity, capacity, and performance on new and existing servers and cloud infrastructure.
- Supports and maintains systems in a hybrid cloud data center environment.
- Plans and schedules server operating system maintenance activities including patches and configuration changes.
- Creates and maintains technical documentation related to system operations.
- Works with staff and stakeholders to develop technology driven strategies that address current and future needs.
- Communicates and meets with the Information Technology staff, customers, vendors, and other stakeholders to ensure objectives and assignments are being met.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position or that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position . Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Lift and carry materials weighing up to 50 pounds.
- Travel to/from meetings and various locations.
To view the full job description, work environment and physical demands, click here .
The City of Scottsdale offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 12 Paid Holidays, which includes 1 Floating Holiday
- Vacation Accrual; starts at 10.3 hours/month
- Sick Leave Accrual; 8 hours/month
- Medical (which includes behavioral health coverage), Dental and Vision Benefits
- City Paid Basic Life Insurance (equal to one times employee annual salary); option of Supplemental Life Insurance
- Tuition Reimbursement; $2,500/year
- Participation in the Arizona State Retirement System (ASRS) Defined benefit plan with mandatory employer and employee contributions currently at 12.29% which includes a Long-Term Disability benefit
- Supplemental Retirement Plans through Nationwide; 457
- Pet Insurance
- Bilingual pay compensation
Please visit the Benefits Information page for more information.
The application and supplemental questions are an integral part of the selection process and must be completed in full in order for you to be considered as a candidate. Please complete each section and answer all questions as thoroughly as possible. DO NOT state "See Resume" in lieu of answering. Unanswered questions, incomplete responses, omissions, or partial information may result in disqualification from the selection process.
Applicants whose education, training and experience most closely meet the needs of the position may be invited to participate in a selection process that may include a panel interview. Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening that may include:
- Fingerprinting search of the national FBI Database
- Criminal Background screening
The City of Scottsdale reserves the right to change this process at any time, potentially without advance notice.
PLEASE NOTE: Years of experience are based on a work schedule of 2,080 hours per year for full-time positions and 1,040 hours per year for part-time positions, and while work experience may substitute for education on a year-for-year basis, depending upon the job classification, education may not be substituted for work experience.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: It is the policy of the city to provide employment opportunities to all persons based solely on ability, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
When advised, reasonable accommodations will be made in order for an "otherwise qualified applicant" with a disability to participate in any phase of the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources to request an accommodation. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491. Requests should be made 24 hours in advance or as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. For TTY users, the Arizona Relay Service (1-800-367-8939) may contact HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491.
This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.
Closing Date/Time: 12/8/2023 11:59 PM Arizona