Mohave County is currently recruiting for an Eligibility Technician in Kingman, Az.
Performs paraprofessional level work involving the determination of eligibility for participation in assistance programs in accordance with local, state and federal program regulations and procedures. This position is grant funded and is contingent on the availability of funding.
Work is performed under general supervision of a higher level of authority.
The employee is expected to exercise initiative and independent judgment in accordance with established rules, procedures and regulations.
Essential Job Functions
- Interviews applicants or designated representatives to obtain appropriate information and in the compilation of required forms in accordance with established procedures and regulations. Evaluates and determines eligibility and individual needs based on information provided by the clients and in or accordance with establish regulations and procedures.
- Explains program procedures, regulations, process, and time frames to individuals, applicants and representatives. Responds to inquiries.
- Refers individuals to other medical, financial or other related assistance programs available which may be of assistance.
- Performs a variety of clerical tasks to include but not limited to: scheduling appointments; answering phones; utilizing computer keyboard to perform such tasks as, but not limited to, inputting data and utilizing word processor; responding to or routing inquiries; referring and directing individuals, applicants and clients to appropriate agencies; assembling materials in preparation of interviews and investigations; completing and processing of forms and other documents; organizing information, records and other related documents; and filing.
- Communicates and acts in a professional manner with the public, co-workers, and work contacts.
ASSIGNMENT TO WIC PROGRAM
- Counsels clients who are not in compliance with program procedures and regulations and provides instructions to bring client into compliance.
- Performs various laboratory evaluations on clients to include height/weight, blood pressure and finger poke blood test. Process evaluations to determine results; reads and records results; and analyzes results to determine appropriate action.
- Maintains chronological charts, forms, folders, and other related documents notating and documenting accurate, up-to-date information of program activities and status of applicants and clients.
- Provides nutrition education and counseling to clients.
- Issues vouchers, determines food distribution and dietary care programs for clients based on data collected and in accordance with established regulations and procedures.
- Cleans and maintains laboratory to meet local and state quality assurance standards. Sets up and organizes laboratory in preparation for screens and clinics.
SECONDARY JOB FUNCTIONS
- Performs related work as required.
- Performs special assignments as requested.
- Exercise regular and predictable attendance and punctuality in accordance with Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures.
- High School diploma /GED (General Education Degree).
- One (1) year experience as an Eligibility Technician, social/case worker, case management experience or related work involving interviewing and collection of personal/financial information in determining eligibility of a Local, State or Federal mandated program.
- An equivalent combination of related education, experience, and training which provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities may be considered in meeting the minimum qualifications.
SPECIAL JOB REQUIREMENT
- Must possess a valid driver's license for operation of motor vehicles on Arizona roads at the start of employment and maintain said license while employed in this position.
- Provide acceptable driving history at no cost to the County.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Administrative rules and regulations and the policy and procedures of federal, state and county requirements utilized in the determination of financial and medical assistance programs.
- Interviewing and counseling techniques.
- Available community resources.
- Modern office practices and records maintenance procedures.
- Principles, practices and techniques of PublicHealth nutrition programs or Community Services case management.
- Mohave CountyPersonnel Policies and Procedures, and Department Regulation.
- Operating a variety of office equipment to include:computer keyboard; fax machines; and copiers.
- Operating and utilizing of a variety of laboratory equipment and other equipment used in a health service field if assigned to WIC program.
- Make decisions in accordance with established policies and regulations.
- Understand, interpret and apply pertinent federal, state and local rules, regulations, procedures and policies regarding financial and medical assistance programs to include departmental procedures and requirements.
- Deal with problems which may be controversial or sensitive in nature.
- Maintain confidentiality.
- Follow oral and written instructions
- Understand and grasp ideas quickly and exercise good judgment.
- Organize workload to ensure determinations are made on a time basis.
- Complete data entry of case information in a timely manner.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Maintain accurate and up-to-date records and documentation.
- Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Fulfill all physical requirements of the class.
- Comply with Mohave County Personnel Policies and Procedures, andDepartment Regulations.
- Perform the essential functions of the job specifications with or without a reasonable accommodation.
Closing Date/Time: 4/3/2020 5:00 PM Arizona