Development Services Director
Chandler, the fourth largest City in Arizona, is located in one of the fastest growing innovation and technology centers in the nation. The City of Chandler is seeking qualified individuals interested in leading the Development Services Team as the next Development Services Director. The City offers a competitive compensation package and a choice of three comprehensive benefit plans. This position is unclassified and will serve at the pleasure of the City Manager. Residency in the City of Chandler is required within one year of appointment, with some flexibility dependent upon the housing environment. This recruitment will remain "open until filled" with first review of applications on June 5, 2023.
To view our recruitment brochure click here
Who we are
The City of Chandler Development Services Department consists of 83 positions. The department provides sound land use planning strategies, responsible design development standards, and high quality, safety compliant infrastructure in all areas of Development Services, including planning, GIS, building safety, development engineering, telecommunications and utility franchise, city fiber, transportation engineering, and customer service and permits.
Who we are looking for
An experienced government professional with outstanding leadership and personnel management skills and a breadth of experience in managing all aspects of a Development Services Department. The ideal candidate is a strongly committed individual who has a positive record of achievement and a history of developing constructive working relationships throughout the organization. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of effective staff management and strong political acumen in working with elected officials and the development community.
Why work for Chandler
- Accrue 122 hours paid vacation in your first year, eligible to be used immediately following accrual
- Accrue 96 hours paid sick leave in your first year, eligible to be used immediately following accrual
- 12 paid holidays per year plus additional time off at the end of the year (Winter Break)
- Dress code is business casual, with jeans on Fridays
- Free Tumbleweed Recreation Center membership
- Professional development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,000 annually
- City contributions to deferred compensation
- Become part of the Arizona State Retirement System with a 100% City contribution match
- 3 medical plans to choose from along with dental, vision, and life insurance coverage
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Robust Employee Wellness program with $350 annual incentive
The City of Chandler will conduct a pre-employment MVD Driving Record check as a condition of employment. An offer of employment is contingent upon acceptable results.
The City of Chandler fingerprints all applicants, 18 years of age and older, selected for hire to evaluate the fitness of prospective employees.
Applicants for employment and volunteer opportunities should be aware of the City of Chandler's policies concerning the use of drugs and alcohol. These policies have not been altered by the passage of Proposition 207. The use of recreational marijuana is a violation of the City's Drug Free Workplace Policy. Certain positions within the City are required to submit to a pre-employment drug test. A positive result for drugs tested under the policy, including recreational marijuana, may be grounds for withdrawal of an offer of employment or volunteer opportunity.
The City of Chandler is committed to Equal Opportunity & Reasonable Accommodation.Closing Date/Time: