Customer Service Representative-Full-time, Temporary
Chandler, the fourth largest City in Arizona, is located in one of the fastest growing innovation and technology centers in the nation. The City of Chandler Neighborhood Resources Department is currently seeking qualified individuals interested in joining our team as a Temp Customer Service Representative. This is a temporary full-time, non-exempt position, scheduled to work the following hours: Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Who we are
The Neighborhood Resources Department, Housing and Redevelopment Division oversees and manages Public Housing and the Housing Choice Voucher (Section 8) program among other affordable housing programs. Our primary focus is to provide affordable rental housing for low-income households. The Customer Service Representative -Temp assists the housing office with administrative support.
Who we are looking for
Our new Housing and Redevelopment team member will have a passion for customer service, team work, and collaboration. We are looking for someone with excellent customer service skills, is well organized in clerical support and records maintenance, has the ability to perform duties accurately and efficiently under time sensitive deadlines and has the ability to operate a personal computer and related software such as word processing, spreadsheets, etc.
- Receives, processes and completes records requests.
- Maintains logs and records information.
- Answers Phones for Department and directs callers.
- Assists Customers with navigating the City and department website, directs customers to information.
- High school diploma or GED equivalency;
- One (1) to two (2) years general clerical experience; and
- Valid Arizona Driver's License with acceptable driving record when assigned to the Neighborhood Preservation Department; or
- Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
- Course work in writing, math or other business applications.
- Previous experience in customer service position.
The position available is a full-time temporary position and will serve at the discretion of the department head.
All applicants hired will be required to be fingerprinted with successful results as a condition of continued employment.
Applicants for employment and volunteer opportunities should be aware of the City of Chandler's policies concerning the use of drugs and alcohol. These policies have not been altered by the passage of Proposition 207. The use of recreational marijuana is a violation of the City's Drug Free Workplace Policy. Certain positions within the City are required to submit to a pre-employment drug test. A positive result for drugs tested under the policy, including recreational marijuana, may be grounds for withdrawal of an offer of employment or volunteer opportunity.
The City of Chandler is committed to Equal Opportunity and Reasonable Accommodation.Closing Date/Time: 2/3/2023 11:59 PM Arizona