Crime Analysis Supervisor
The City of Chandler Police Department is currently seeking qualified individuals interested in joining our team as a Crime Analysis Supervisor. This is a full-time, exempt position with benefits. This position will work a 4/10 schedule during normal business hours.
Chandler, the fourth largest City in Arizona, is located in one of the fastest growing innovation and technology centers in the nation. Chandler is a vibrant, diverse, fiscally responsible community with a supportive business climate that attracts global industry leaders, exciting startups, talented workers and their families. In addition to being a great place to live, play and work, our local hotels, resorts, golf courses, restaurants and ample shopping opportunities make Chandler one of Arizona's great vacation spots.
Why work for Chandler?
• Accrue 122 hours paid vacation in your first year, eligible to be used immediately following accrual
• Accrue 96 hours paid sick leave in your first year, eligible to be used immediately following accrual
• 12 paid holidays per year plus additional time off at the end of the year (Winter Break)
• Free Tumbleweed Recreation Center membership
• Professional development opportunities
• Tuition reimbursement up to $5,000 annually
• City contributions of 1% gross wages per pay period to deferred compensation
• Become part of the Arizona State Retirement System with a 100% City contribution match
• 3 medical plans to choose from along with dental and vision coverage
• Diverse and inclusive environment
• Robust Employee Wellness program with $350 incentive
Who we are
The City of Chandler Police Department, consisting of 337 sworn officers and 177 civilians, serves a growing population of close to 270,000 residents. The organization is divided into two divisions and one bureau. The Patrol Division consisting of three precincts to meet the needs of the community, the Operational Support Bureau, and the Professional Services Division. The members of the Chandler Police Department are dedicated to the advancement of community policing and the development of a partnership with our citizens. Our mission is to provide a safe community where people can live, work, and thrive. We are committed to being a world-class leader in law enforcement. We will pursue and engage the best trained, equipped, and committed professionals who demonstrate the highest standards of performance and best policing practices in partnership with the community.
Who we are looking for
Our ideal candidate will have a passion for customer service, teamwork, collaboration, and the ability to lead a high functioning team. We are looking for an experienced professional in the field of crime analysis to lead a team of analysts who conduct tactical and intelligence analysis on pertinent law enforcement data. The Crime Analysis Supervisor participates with the selection and hiring of Crime Analysts, provides training plans, acts as a mentor and evaluates analyst's performance and goals. The supervisor manages and participates in the systemic process of analyzing and disseminating timely, accurate, and useful information that identifies crime patterns, crime trends and potential suspects.
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice, Criminology, or directly related field with courses in research, statistics, or crime analysis, coupled with five (5) years experience in the field of crime, intelligence, or data analysis, including at least one (1) year of lead and/or supervisory experience. In addition, the candidate will preferably hold a certification as a criminal intelligence analyst or crime analyst and have prior experience with complex relational database environments to include records management and computer-aided dispatch systems, along with business analytics software.
1. Supervises and oversees the daily operations of the assigned area by setting goals and objectives, manages schedules and work priorities, monitors and evaluates performance, facilitates access to resources and training, provides guidance and addresses issues, conducts interviews and makes hiring decisions.
2. Conducts research and strategic crime analysis; searches for patterns; analyzes crime data; develops victim and suspect profiles; trains staff in methodology, processes and procedures.
3. Develops and manages databases, prepares maps, charts, and graphs related to crime trends, completes special projects, prepares presentations, and participates in crime suppression efforts.
4. Assists investigators and other personnel from within and outside the City; responds to internal and external inquiries.
5. Manages crime data reporting; provides reports to internal departments, as required, and external agencies.
• Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice, Public Administration, Business Administration, Statistics, or related field; and
• Five (5) years' experience in the planning, researching, and statistical analysis of crime trends, or compiling data, analyzing findings and writing reports that indicate relationships between various parties; and
• At least one (1) year of previous lead and/or supervisory experience; and
• Experience with Geographical Information System (GIS) software; or
• Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
• Preliminary Background Questionnaire Submittal & Review
• Oral Board Interview
• Background Interview
• Police Chief Interview
The City of Chandler fingerprints all applicants selected for hire to evaluate the fitness of prospective employees. The examination process may vary if determined necessary. The City of Chandler will conduct a pre-employment drug and alcohol test. An offer of employment is contingent upon acceptable results.
The position available is a regular full-time position and is subject to a six month (6) probationary period depending on classification. A register of qualified candidates will be active for six (6) months should another position become available.
Applicants for employment and volunteer opportunities should be aware of the City of Chandler's policies concerning the use of drugs and alcohol. These policies have not been altered by the passage of Proposition 207. The use of recreational marijuana is a violation of the City's Drug Free Workplace Policy. Certain positions within the City are required to submit to a pre-employment drug test. A positive result for drugs tested under the policy, including recreational marijuana, may be grounds for withdrawal of an offer of employment or volunteer opportunity.
The City of Chandler is committed to Equal Opportunity & Reasonable Accommodation.
Closing Date/Time: 2/5/2023 11:59 PM Arizona