Code Enforcement Inspector
Chandler, the fourth largest City in Arizona, is located in one of the fastest growing innovation and technology centers in the nation. Chandler's success is attributed to its dedicated and diverse employees. The City of Chandler Neighborhood Preservation Division is currently seeking qualified individuals interested in joining our team as a Code Enforcement Officer. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with benefits. Once settled in with the team, there will be an opportunity to work a flexible schedule (4/10).
Why work for Chandler?
- Accrue 122 hours paid vacation in your first year, eligible to be used immediately following accrual
- Accrue 96 hours paid sick leave in your first year, eligible to be used immediately following accrual
- 12 paid holidays per year plus additional time off at the end of the year (Winter Break)
- Free Tumbleweed Recreation Center membership
- Professional development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,000 annually, $3200 for part time employees
- City contributions of 1% gross wages per pay period to deferred compensation
- Become part of the Arizona State Retirement System with a 100% City contribution match
- 3 medical plans to choose from along with dental and vision coverage
- Flexible schedule
- Diverse and inclusive environment
- Robust Employee Wellness program with $350 incentive
Who we are
The Neighborhood Preservation Division bridges Code Enforcement and Neighborhood Programs to better serve Chandler residents. The Code Enforcement arm promotes public health, safety, and general welfare of the City by protecting neighborhoods from blight, decline, and deterioration through the education and enforcement of the City's zoning, sign, and neighborhood maintenance codes.
Who we are looking for
Our new team member will have a passion for customer service, teamwork, and collaboration. We are looking for someone with prior commercial code enforcement experience and excellent customer service skills to serve the citizens of Chandler. As this position primarily works out in our neighborhoods, experience working in a variety of weather conditions is important as well.
- Investigations and resolves complaints regarding residential property maintenance ordinance and standards, zoning, and specified sign codes.
- Prepares and issues compliance orders for the discontinuance, removal or alteration of conditions that violate City codes or ordinances; performs follow-up inspections to ensure corrective action.
- Prepares and maintains comprehensive code case records and files.
- Collaborates with City departments to research, obtain or provide information.
- Inspects assigned area for violations of the property maintenance ordinance, zoning, and specified sign codes.
• High school diploma or GED equivalency; and
• Two (2) years' of previous experience in code enforcement related to investigating nuisance, zoning, and sign codes, or technical inspections related to construction, landscaping, or other related field; and
• Two (2) years' experience involving work in meeting and communicating with the public;
• Valid Arizona Driver's License with acceptable driving record; or
• Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
• Completion of Code Enforcement League of Arizona (CELA) Level 1 Inspector Academy;
• ICC/AACE Zoning Inspector Certification.
The position available is a full-time position and is subject to a six (6) month probationary period. A register of qualified candidates will be active for four (4) months should another position become available.
The City of Chandler will conduct a pre-employment driving record check as a condition of employment. An offer of employment is contingent upon acceptable results. All applicants hired will be required to be fingerprinted with successful results as a condition of continued employment.
Applicants for employment and volunteer opportunities should be aware of the City of Chandler's policies concerning the use of drugs and alcohol. These policies have not been altered by the passage of Proposition 207. The use of recreational marijuana is a violation of the City's Drug Free Workplace Policy. A positive result for drugs tested under the policy, including recreational marijuana, may be grounds for withdrawal of an offer of employment or volunteer opportunity.
The City of Chandler is committed to Equal Opportunity & Reasonable AccommodationClosing Date/Time: 2/3/2023 11:59 PM Arizona