Our Operations team is the grease for our wheels. We have a strong ecosystem at loanDepot, and it all revolves around providing the tools to ensure success in every role. Our operations teams which can include Processing, Underwriting, Funding and more, are all invaluable pieces of the mortgage lending puzzle. We warrant a positive culture, promote teamwork & are continuously striving to take care of both our valued borrowers & our extraordinary employees. Come join us!
loanDepot - We are America's Lender.
Responsible for overseeing the daily operations of the Closing team and for maintaining an in-depth knowledge of the entire loan life cycle in order to fully understand implication of the closing function. Ensures the performance of all duties in accordance with the company's policies and procedures, all U.S. state and federal laws and regulations, wherein the company operates.
- Addresses closing and funding related questions regarding process/procedures, and ensures closing team is providing detailed and accurate financial numbers to borrowers, title and escrow.
- Manages pipeline of loans to ensure all SLA's and closing and funding dates are met.
- Ensures files are being funded accurately and in a timely manner.
- Communicates with internal departments: processing, compliance, underwriting, branch managers and outside partners (i.e.; escrow) to close the loan and ensure documents are drawn within posted turn times.
- Manages workflow consistent with business needs, including but not limited to, assigning loans, special projects, and reporting to senior management.
- Communicates new policy and procedures related to closing with internal departments; ensures adherence to and enforces posted turn times.
- Ensures CD and closing documents meet RESPA, MDIA and investor requirements; expedites urgent, important and special loans in a timely and efficient manner.
- Accurately files documents and information in the system and ensures all information is complete and accurate. Uses checklists and other job aides as necessary to accurately complete all required information.
- Strategically reviews and audits loans for completeness (contains all data fields and documents), accuracy (true and correct), thoroughness (no details overlooked) and reliability (all sources are trusted).
- Performs other duties and projects as assigned
- High school degree or equivalent required; bachelor's degree preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) + years' experience within the mortgage lending industry and one (1) + years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Experience in the Mortgage industry preferred
- Demonstrates knowledge of, adherence to, monitoring and responsibility for compliance with state and federal regulations and laws as they pertain to this position.
- Demonstrates a commitment to the Company Culture.
- Develops and maintains respect with all employees and management.
- Exercises initiative in organizing and completing assigned tasks according to established guidelines, safety standards and procedures, deadlines and department parameters.
- Solves problems by using judgment based upon knowledge of existing management policies and departmental practices and procedures.
- Meets established productivity and task management standards or seeks assistance.
- Effective communication with internal departments and clients.
- Intermediate skills in computer terminal and personal computer operation; Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to: Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Basic math skills: ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Competitive compensation reliant on ability & experience.
- Excellent benefits package including multiple health, dental & vision options.
- Company paid life and AD&D Insurance, as well as additional voluntary benefit possibilities.
- 401K with robust company match.
- 15+ PTO days in addition to 8 paid company holidays.
- The opportunity to work for America's Lender under the vision of industry legend, Anthony Hsieh.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.