Civilian Background Investigator (Full-Time, Temporary)
The City of Chandler Police Department is currently seeking qualified individuals interested in joining our team as a Civilian Background Investigator. This is a Temporary (funding based year-to-year) full-time, non-exempt position eligible for medical benefits and ASRS only. This position will work a 4/10 schedule with Fridays off.
Chandler, the fourth largest City in Arizona, is located in one of the fastest growing innovation and technology centers in the nation. Chandler is a vibrant, diverse, fiscally responsible community with a supportive business climate that attracts global industry leaders, exciting startups, talented workers and their families. In addition to being a great place to live, play and work, our local hotels, resorts, golf courses, restaurants and ample shopping opportunities make Chandler one of Arizona's great vacation spots.
Who we are
The City of Chandler Police Department, consisting of 337 sworn officers and 177 civilians, serves a growing population of close to 270,000 residents. The members of the Chandler Police Department are dedicated to the advancement of community policing and the development of a partnership with our citizens. Our mission is to provide a safe community where people can live, work, and thrive. We are committed to being a world-class leader in law enforcement. We will pursue and engage the best trained, equipped, and committed professionals who demonstrate the highest standards of performance and best policing practices in partnership with the community.
Who we are looking for
Our ideal candidate will have a passion for customer service, teamwork, and collaboration. We are looking for someone with experience performing employment background screenings or relative investigative work. Law enforcement and/or Human Resources/Personnel experience conducting interviews and background checks is desired.
1. Serves as a liaison between Chandler Police Department and Human Resources to fill department vacancies by initiating recruitment/testing.
2. Conducts formal background interviews/investigations on sworn and civilian personnel and collects information derived from law enforcement systems.
3. Coordinates and schedules polygraph, psychological, drug, and medical exams.
4. Analyzes sensitive and confidential background findings and prepares written summaries of findings.
5. Audits applicant files; ensures completeness.
• High school diploma or GED equivalency;
• At least two (2) years' experience performing employment background screening or relevant investigative work;
• Ability to obtain Arizona Criminal Justice Information System (ACJIS) Terminal Operator certification within 30 days of hire, and;
• Any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
• Experience working in law enforcement environment; conducting investigative background interviews;
• Experience in Personnel/Human Resources conducting interviews and background checks
• Preliminary Background Questionnaire Submittal & Review
• Oral Board Interview
• Background Interview
• Drug Screen
• Police Chief Interview
The City of Chandler fingerprints all applicants selected for hire to evaluate the fitness of prospective employees. The City of Chandler will also conduct a pre-employment drug and alcohol test. An offer of employment is contingent upon acceptable results. The examination process may vary if determined necessary.
Applicants for employment and volunteer opportunities should be aware of the City of Chandler's policies concerning the use of drugs and alcohol. These policies have not been altered by the passage of Proposition 207. The use of recreational marijuana is a violation of the City's Drug Free Workplace Policy. Certain positions within the City are required to submit to a pre-employment drug test. A positive result for drugs tested under the policy, including recreational marijuana, may be grounds for withdrawal of an offer of employment or volunteer opportunity.
The City of Chandler is committed to Equal Opportunity & Reasonable Accommodation.Closing Date/Time: 2/5/2023 11:59 PM Arizona