Cherwell /ITSM Administrator
Located in the beautiful Sonoran Desert, Scottsdale, Arizona is bordered by Phoenix to the west and the McDowell Mountains on the east. Scottsdale is annually rated among the nation's most desirable communities to live in, visit and do business in. Check out moreabout Scottsdale.
The application and supplemental questions are an integral part of the selection process, and must be completed in full in order for you to be considered as a candidate. Please complete each section and answer all questions as thoroughly as possible.DO NOT state "See resume" in lieu of answering.Unanswered questions, incomplete responses, omissions, or partial information may result in disqualification from the selection process.
About the position
Installs, configures, maintains, and provides ongoing support, administration and development/maturation for the City's Cherwell IT Service Management system used by both central IT and many of the Technology Partners in the City departments. This includes the barcoding of new IT assets into the CMBD (Configuration Management Database) as we replace at least 20% of our IT assets every year. This position is called an Enterprise Systems Integrator in our system and the full job description is linked below.
Applicants whose education, training and experience most closely meet the needs of the position may be invited to participate in a selection process to include a panel interview. Successful candidates will receive a post-offer, pre-employment background screening to include:
- Criminal Background screening for the past 7 years
The City of Scottsdale reserves the right to change this process at any time,
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited educational institution in Information Systems, Computer Science or related field.
- A minimum of five years of experience in systems analysis and design, testing and implementation of computer-based information systems and project management experience working on multiple projects and assignments simultaneously required.
- A minimum of one year of programming or equal combination of training and experience in one or more of the following: SQL, Oracle, Forms and Reports.
- An equivalent combination of education and job-related experience may substitute for the educational requirements on a year-for-year basis.
Performs duties and responsibilities commensurate with assigned functional area which may include, but are not limited to, any combination of the following:
- Develops partnerships between Information Technology and other city divisions.
- Keeps current on new technology and exposes customers to new tools.
- Conducts business analysis, needs assessments and develops technical requirements.
- Provides project management and technical expertise in a variety of roles: Project Manager, mentor to departmental Project Managers and key project team member.
- Coordinates and assists professional and technical personnel involved in the development of new and/or maintenance of existing systems.
- Recognizes and resolves hardware and software problems.
- Designs, develops, and maintains web pages & applications for the IT Project Management and Integration Office, citywide Technology Reporting and IT Helpdesk.
- Maintains awareness and actively promotes IT standards.
Work Environment/Physical Demands
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position or that an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Most work is performed in a normal City office environment.
- Travel to/from meetings and various locations.
Click here to review the entire job description.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY: It is the policy of the city to provide employment opportunities to all persons based solely on ability, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or disability.
When advised, reasonable accommodations will be made in order for an "otherwise qualified applicant" with a disability to participate in any phase of the recruitment process. Please contact Human Resources to request an accommodation. Persons with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation by contacting HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491. Requests should be made 24 hours in advance or as early as possible to allow time to arrange the accommodation. For TTY users, the Arizona Relay Service (1-800-367-8939) may contact HR Receptionist at (480) 312-2491.
This position description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the position change.
Closing Date/Time: 6/9/2020 11:59 PM Arizona