The City of Chandler Development Services Department is currently seeking qualified individuals interested in joining our team as an Associate Planner. This is a full-time, non-exempt position with benefits. This position will work a Monday - Friday 8am - 5pm schedule.
Chandler, the fourth largest City in Arizona, is in one of the fastest growing innovation and technology centers in the nation. Chandler is a vibrant, diverse, fiscally responsible community with a supportive business climate that attracts global industry leaders, exciting startups, talented workers, and their families. In addition to being a great place to live, play and work our local hotels, resorts, golf courses, restaurants and ample shopping opportunities make Chandler one of Arizona's great vacation spots.
Why work for Chandler?
• Accrue 122 hours paid vacation in your first year, eligible to be used immediately following accrual
• Accrue 96 hours paid sick leave in your first year, eligible to be used immediately following accrual
• 12 paid holidays per year plus additional time off at the end of the year (Winter Break)
• Dress code is business casual, with jeans on Fridays
• Free Tumbleweed Recreation Center membership
• Professional development opportunities
• Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250 annually for full-time employees
• City contributions of 1% gross wages per pay period to deferred compensation
• Become part of the Arizona State Retirement System with a 100% City contribution match
• 3 medical plans to choose from along with dental and vision coverage
• Flexible schedule/remote work options (when available)
• Diverse and inclusive environment
• Robust Employee Wellness program with $350 incentive
Who we are
The City of Chandler Development Services team, consisting of 83 positions, provides sound land use planning strategies, responsible design development standards, and high quality, safety compliant infrastructure in all areas of Development Services, including planning, GIS, building safety, development engineering, telecommunications and utility franchise, City fiber, transportation engineering, and customer service and permits.
We are a progressive and innovative team that partners with the development community, contractors, other departments, and citizens to deliver quality services in support of the City of Chandler's Mission and Values.
Who we are looking for
An entry level planning professional that is willing to assist higher level planners and the public in applying planning policies and zoning standards. Our new team member will have a passion for municipal planning, customer service, teamwork, and collaboration.
A Bachelor's Degree in Urban Planning, Public Administration or a related field; and one (1) year of experience in planning or a related field; or any equivalent combination of experience and training which provides the knowledge and abilities necessary to perform the work.
To view the complete job description, please click here .
The City of Chandler fingerprints all applicants, 18 years of age and older, selected for hire to evaluate the fitness of prospective employees. The examination process may vary if determined necessary.
The position available is a full-time position and is subject to a six (6) month probationary period. A register of qualified candidates will be active for four (4) months should another position become available.
Applicants for employment and volunteer opportunities should be aware of the City of Chandler's policies concerning the use of drugs and alcohol. These policies have not been altered by the passage of Proposition 207. The use of recreational marijuana is a violation of the City's Drug Free Workplace Policy. A positive result for drugs tested under the policy, including recreational marijuana, may be grounds for withdrawal of an offer of employment or volunteer opportunity.
The City of Chandler is committed to Equal Opportunity & Reasonable Accommodation Closing Date/Time: 9/21/2023 11:59 PM Arizona